By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 1st party actually reminds me of Microsoft 1st party or vise versa

Snoopy said:
Bravo Sony fans, you did it yet again. Here I was creating a respectable thread about an opinion on something that didn't relate to anything Sony. However, you Sony guys decided to hijack my thread and make it about yourselves yet again. This is why we can't have anything good. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Mods, lock this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8270214

Literally the 4th post and you made it about Sony. LOL. You never disappoint.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
It's already been but Sony first party games are about gameplay or gameplay + cinematic experience. MS and Nintendo create games that are very similar from generation to generation.

Sony is making just as many sequels as the others with games like God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Knack, Gravity Rush, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank,  etc.

Most of their heavy hitters are exclusives to well-established franchises. 

Anyway, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is very different compared to Skyward Sword, just like Super Mario Odyssey is very different compared to Super Mario 3D World. The only upcoming game that resembles its predecessor a lot seems to be Splatoon 2. Then there's new franchises like 1-2 Switch, Arms and Ever Oasis. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

jason1637 said:
Intrinsic said:
I just find this thread extremely misleading.

I don't think there is any way anyone can reasonably compare sony first/second party to that of MS. Nintendo Maybe, but definitely not MS.

Tbf the OP never mentioned Sony but people brought up Sonys First Party.

He mentioned MS and Nintendo first party having games with a specific focus and not only pointed out exactly what they supposedly don't focus on but went on to cite in subsequent posts that that is something sony is particularly guilty of.

Unless of course everyone just got what he was saying wrong.......

Snoopy said:
Bravo Sony fans, you did it yet again. Here I was creating a respectable thread about an opinion on something that didn't relate to anything Sony. However, you Sony guys decided to hijack my thread and make it about yourselves yet again. This is why we can't have anything good. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Mods, lock this thread.

Spare us with your victim nonsense.... just look at your first four posts.

You literally singled out sony.

And all we did was try and point out that your argument only holds true if you cast a blind eye to a lot of games sony make.

Alkibiádēs said:
Lawlight said:
It's already been but Sony first party games are about gameplay or gameplay + cinematic experience. MS and Nintendo create games that are very similar from generation to generation.

Sony is making just as many sequels as the others with games like God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Knack, Gravity Rush, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank,  etc.

Anyway, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is very different compared to Skyward Sword, just like Super Mario Odyssey is very different compared to Super Mario 3D World. The only upcoming game that resembles its predecessor a lot seems to be Splatoon 2. Then there's new franchises like 1-2 Switch, Arms and Ever Oasis. 

Lets just ignore the so far 8+ new full retail IPs sony has made this gen alone already released or upcoming. And since you like lists so much Bloodborne, The last gaurdian, the order, days gone, detroit, Driveclub, Dreams, Horizon, Until Dawn, Gravity Rush, Wild.......

And thats not mentioning all the digital only sony first party games and continuing franchises.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Bandorr said:

SSO had several cutscenes.  Plus there were many times the narrator was talking to you and I can't recall if you had "control" or not of your character.

Eh there is a difference in just having cutscenes and a game being cinematic, I don't think SO is a cinematic game like Uncharted or Until Dawn. But anyways, Sony has both, lol they just released Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian. And they've also got Nioh and Horizon which will have cutscenes but aren't cinematic.

Nioh isn't made by Sony.

Hynad said:
Ali_16x said:

Eh there is a difference in just having cutscenes and a game being cinematic, I don't think SO is a cinematic game like Uncharted or Until Dawn. But anyways, Sony has both, lol they just released Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian. And they've also got Nioh and Horizon which will have cutscenes but aren't cinematic.

Nioh isn't made by Sony.

It's being published by Sony.

Alkibiádēs said:
Lawlight said:

Except they're also making a lot of big new IPs - Driveclub, The Order 1886, Horizon, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, Days Gone among others. God of War is a reboot with only the main character being the same.

Zelda looks like Zelda to me. 3D Mario looks like 3D Mario. If you're going to count the smaller games I could add Knack, Resogun, Until Dawn.

Ali_16x said:
Hynad said:

Nioh isn't made by Sony.

It's being published by Sony.

And it's published by Koei Tecmo in Japan. Still doesn't make it a first party developed game, does it?

Alkibiádēs said:
Lawlight said:

And here comes another person who never disappoints. It's amazing how you can compare games that are a couple of years old and a couple of games that are 13-15 years old to games there were made in 1980s-1990s. It doesn't matter if those games are different, LOL it's still Mario. This guy expects Sony to release only new IPs, holy shit. Oh man this thread is gold.