By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 1st party actually reminds me of Microsoft 1st party or vise versa

Intrinsic said:
I just find this thread extremely misleading.

I don't think there is any way anyone can reasonably compare sony first/second party to that of MS. Nintendo Maybe, but definitely not MS.

Tbf the OP never mentioned Sony but people brought up Sonys First Party.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Snoopy said:

See, thats what I mean. When Sony does aim for gameplay center game, it usually not too great this generation. Driveclub was terrible. I thought bloodborne was great however. Now sony big games are going for that cinematic experience. Look at new GOW trailer. It was litterally kratos going down a narrow path and press x to continue. 

Lol wow this shit again, how are you still on this forum? All you're going by is metacritic, Driveclub has been fixed and it's amazing. You haven't even played and you continue to ignore the fact that it was fixed. And it wasn't the gameplay that was wrong with Driveclub, it was the online. And as pokoko, Sony has a bunch of non cinematic games. And aren't Halo and Gears games ment to be cinematic? What does that leave for Microsoft? Forza?

Halo 4 was pretty cinematic but Halo 5 SP feels more gameplaish. Gears is a fair balance. Also can we get over this thing that MS only have Halo, Gears, and Forza because its just not true.

jason1637 said:
Ali_16x said:

Lol wow this shit again, how are you still on this forum? All you're going by is metacritic, Driveclub has been fixed and it's amazing. You haven't even played and you continue to ignore the fact that it was fixed. And it wasn't the gameplay that was wrong with Driveclub, it was the online. And as pokoko, Sony has a bunch of non cinematic games. And aren't Halo and Gears games ment to be cinematic? What does that leave for Microsoft? Forza?

Halo 4 was pretty cinematic but Halo 5 SP feels more gameplaish. Gears is a fair balance. Also can we get over this thing that MS only have Halo, Gears, and Forza because its just not true.

Ok lets see their non cinematic games that aren't Halo, Gears, Forza.

2016:

Recore

2015:

Ori

2014:

Sunset Overdrive

2013:

Killer Instinct

I went through a list and that's pretty much all I could find, unless you want to count kinect games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Bandorr said:
Ali_16x said:

2016:

Recore

2015:

Ori

2014:

Sunset Overdrive

2013:

Killer Instinct

I went through a list and that's pretty much all I could find, unless you want to count kinect games.

SSO had several cutscenes.  Plus there were many times the narrator was talking to you and I can't recall if you had "control" or not of your character.

Eh there is a difference in just having cutscenes and a game being cinematic, I don't think SO is a cinematic game like Uncharted or Until Dawn. But anyways, Sony has both, lol they just released Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian. And they've also got Nioh and Horizon which will have cutscenes but aren't cinematic.

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

2016:

Recore

2015:

Ori

2014:

Sunset Overdrive

2013:

Killer Instinct

Well you went throught a pretty bad list. Of the top of my head 2013 also had DR3, Kinect sports, Zoo Tycoon. 2014 there was also screamride, D4. 2015 had SOD Year 1, Rare Replay 2016 also had Colbalt. And this is not including ID@Xbox games. And looking at this years line up there is no Halo FPS or Gears but SOD2, crackdown 3, SOT, phantom dust, voodo vince, cupheads, ashen etc. My point is not to start a list war but just saying MS has more than Halo, Gears, Forza.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Ali_16x said:

2016:

Recore

2015:

Ori

2014:

Sunset Overdrive

2013:

Killer Instinct

Well you went throught a pretty bad list. Of the top of my head 2013 also had DR3, Kinect sports, Zoo Tycoon. 2014 there was also screamride, D4. 2015 had SOD Year 1, Rare Replay 2016 also had Colbalt. And this is not including ID@Xbox games.

Yes forgot DR3, Screamride but I did not forget those Kinect games lol considering those aren't games to be boastful about but whatever, count them. Pretty sure D4 is a cinematic game. I didn't count ports since this was a topic about what types of games the three companies have been making recently so I'm just counting new games since the start of this generation. And why would you include indies? Most of which are multiplatform?

And with DR3, Screamride , Cobalt ,and Kinect games, I don't see how it's any better.

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

Well you went throught a pretty bad list. Of the top of my head 2013 also had DR3, Kinect sports, Zoo Tycoon. 2014 there was also screamride, D4. 2015 had SOD Year 1, Rare Replay 2016 also had Colbalt. And this is not including ID@Xbox games.

Yes forgot DR3, Screamride but I did not forget those Kinect games lol considering those aren't games to be boastful about but whatever, count them. Pretty sure D4 is a cinematic game. I didn't count ports since this was a topic about what types of games the three companies have been making recently so I'm just counting new games since the start of this generation. And why would you include indies? Most of which are multiplatform?

And with DR3, Screamride , Cobalt ,and Kinect games, I don't see how it's any better.

Indies that are published by ID@Xbox can only come out on Xbox and PC. DR3 is fun game for smashing zombies, idk about Screamride and because a game uses Kinect doesnt mean ita bad. Believe it or not Kinect Sports is quite fun. But my point still remains MS has more then just Halo, Gears, and Forza.

jason1637 said:
Ali_16x said:

Indies that are published by ID@Xbox can only come out on Xbox and PC. DR3 is fun game for smashing zombies, idk about Screamride and because a game uses Kinect doesnt mean ita bad. Believe it or not Kinect Sports is quite fun. But my point still remains MS has more then just Halo, Gears, and Forza.

But PS4 has games like that too, if anything PS4 has more indies. 

Do those games have any relevance? Dead Rising 4 is coming to PS4, Screamride sequel is never going to happen because that game bombed completely, probably the worst Microsoft first party ever in terms of sales. Kinect games aren't ever going to happen, so what exactly does that leave for the future of Xbox? Halo, Gears, and Forza.

Um Halo,Gears,Quantum Break. Heavily story oriented. Not that I ever had a huge following of Sony first party but a few games like rain or Gravity Rush. I would prefer it if they went back to more games like Medieval or Ape Escape.
Nintendo last few years been channeling it's inner 90s SEGA and made me happier in the era of movie games. (New Mario is Sonic Adventure,Arms is Virtual On,XCX was Phantasy Star,MK8 feels alot like Sonic Racing Transformed)

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

But PS4 has games like that too, if anything PS4 has more indies. 

Do those games have any relevance? Dead Rising 4 is coming to PS4, Screamride sequel is never going to happen because that game bombed completely, probably the worst Microsoft first party ever in terms of sales. Kinect games aren't ever going to happen, so what exactly does that leave for the future of Xbox? Halo, Gears, and Forza.

I never mentioned PS4 so idk why you brought it up.

As for the future of Xbox besides Halo, Gears, Forza there is SOD IP, Crackdown IP, SoT IP, ID@Xbox has been producing some very promising games, rumors about 2 new unknown IPs that Rare is working on, another rumor about the return of Perfect Dark. And ofc MS are going to announce games that arent Halo, Gears, Forza at E3 2017.