By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 1st party actually reminds me of Microsoft 1st party or vise versa

I dunno about MS's 1st party games, but not much has changed for Nintendo games. It's usually been gameplay over story for them

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Ali_16x said:

But PS4 has games like that too, if anything PS4 has more indies. 

Do those games have any relevance? Dead Rising 4 is coming to PS4, Screamride sequel is never going to happen because that game bombed completely, probably the worst Microsoft first party ever in terms of sales. Kinect games aren't ever going to happen, so what exactly does that leave for the future of Xbox? Halo, Gears, and Forza.

I never mentioned PS4 so idk why you brought it up.

As for the future of Xbox besides Halo, Gears, Forza there is SOD IP, Crackdown IP, SoT IP, ID@Xbox has been producing some very promising games, rumors about 2 new unknown IPs that Rare is working on, another rumor about the return of Perfect Dark. And ofc MS are going to announce games that arent Halo, Gears, Forza at E3 2017.

Well for one this thread is pretty much a stealth bash of Sony but anyways, I brought it up because those ID@Xbox games are meaningless because most of those indies are just meh, underperformed games in which no one cares about, nor are they even considered to be a part of Microsofts lineup, games that are just "there". And that the PS4 just has just as many, if not ones that actually sell and are loved like Darkest Dungeon, Killing Floor 2, games that actually sold well on PC and will sell on PS4. I mean if you can tell me which of those ID@Xbox games you're talking about and ones that even have any relevance here in which could be even considered to be a part of Micrsoft's lineup, please do. 

And even then, as I said, PS4 has them. I mean the point was to see if Microsoft has other games than Halo, Gears, Forza and how many of them are there. If you go and name me like 10-20 of them, I could name 50-100 on PS4, and the ratio of games of PS4vsXBO for XBO would be very small.

And what I just said applies to the AAA games you just mentioned, you named like 2-3, PS4 has 4-5x as much. 

EDIT: Lol I mean it's pretty obvious the Xbox division is getting less and less money to spend on, they've closed a bunch of studios and cancelled a bunch of games in which in my opinion, just needed more funding and time, like Fable and Phantom.

EDIT2: Also they just have like 3-4 games for 2017, that isn't much, especially when Sony has a shit ton more. Same with last year, Sony had a lot more.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

In that neither lives up to Sony's first party?

I am Iron Man

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

I never mentioned PS4 so idk why you brought it up.

As for the future of Xbox besides Halo, Gears, Forza there is SOD IP, Crackdown IP, SoT IP, ID@Xbox has been producing some very promising games, rumors about 2 new unknown IPs that Rare is working on, another rumor about the return of Perfect Dark. And ofc MS are going to announce games that arent Halo, Gears, Forza at E3 2017.

Well for one this thread is pretty much a stealth bash of Sony but anyways, I brought it up because those ID@Xbox games are meaningless because most of those indies are just meh, underperformed games in which no one cares about, nor are they even considered to be a part of Microsofts lineup, games that are just "there". And that the PS4 just has just as many, if not ones that actually sell and are loved like Darkest Dungeon, Killing Floor 2, games that actually sold well on PC and will sell on PS4. I mean if you can tell me which of those ID@Xbox games you're talking about and ones that even have any relevance here in which could be even considered to be a part of Micrsoft's lineup, please do. 

And even then, as I said, PS4 has them. I mean the point was to see if Microsoft has other games than Halo, Gears, Forza and how many of them are there. If you go and name me like 10-20 of them, I could name 50-100 on PS4, and the ratio of games of PS4vsXBO for XBO would be very small.

And what I just said applies to the AAA games you just mentioned, you named like 2-3, PS4 has 4-5x as much. 

EDIT: Lol I mean it's pretty obvious the Xbox division is getting less and less money to spend on, they've closed a bunch of studios and cancelled a bunch of games in which in my opinion, just needed more funding and time, like Fable and Phantom.

I dont agree with the OP saying Sony has lots of cinematic games when they have TLG, Rachet and Clank etc but i did disagree with the idea that all MS has is Halo, Gears, and Forza. Because a indie game underperforms doesnt mean its meh or that nobody cares about it. To name some ID@Xbox games there is Cupheads, Ashen, Astroneer, We happy few etc,

But yeah MS is reviveing less funding but there are still games that arent Halo, Gears, and Forza. The PS4 has more exclusives yes but im not arguing that because it a well known fact.

Sony games tend to provide both......games without a worthwhile story are hard to invest in.

Preston Scott

Around the Network

So cinematic experiences like DriveClub, inFamous, GT: Sport, God of War, Gravity Rush 2, Knack, Dreams, Horizon, MLB, Hot Shots Golf, The Last Guardian, Days Gone can't top MS vaulted first party of Gears, Halo, Forza, Sea of Thieves & Crackdown? 

MS first party has been subpar this gen, there is simply no way around it, the only new IP coming out is Sea of Thieves. Halo + Gears are not even made by the original developers, don't know why we'd give MS first party a ton of credit, as both games are underperforming sales wise & have seen their lowest metascore for the mainline games. MS has not created many exciting IP's on their own IN THREE GENS. How this reminds you of Nintendo, well, that is a mystery.

jason1637 said:
Ali_16x said:

I dont agree with the OP saying Sony has lots of cinematic games when they have TLG, Rachet and Clank etc but i did disagree with the idea that all MS has is Halo, Gears, and Forza. Because a indie game underperforms doesnt mean its meh or that nobody cares about it. To name some ID@Xbox games there is Cupheads, Ashen, Astroneer, We happy few etc,

But yeah MS is reviveing less funding but there are still games that arent Halo, Gears, and Forza. The PS4 has more exclusives yes but im not arguing that because it a well known fact.

Ok but what I'm trying to say is that even with all the known games, it's not much, especially when you're so well into this generation. I mean compared to the 1-2 year of XBO, it's definitely less and less exclusives. Or what I've been trying to say is that, most of their big games will be Halo, Gears, Forza. They aren't getting a Quantum Break like exclusive anymore, I doubt we'll get a Recore sequel. Most of their new IPs have failed and they'll still with their regulars.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

PotentHerbs said:

So cinematic experiences like DriveClub, inFamous, GT: Sport, God of War, Gravity Rush 2, Knack, Dreams, Horizon, MLB, Hot Shots Golf, The Last Guardian, Days Gone can't top MS vaulted first party of Gears, Halo, Forza, Sea of Thieves & Crackdown? 

MS first party has been subpar this gen, there is simply no way around it, the only new IP coming out is Sea of Thieves. Halo + Gears are not even made by the original developers, don't know why we'd give MS first party a ton of credit, as both games are underperforming sales wise & have seen their lowest metascore for the mainline games. MS has not created many exciting IP's on their own IN THREE GENS. How this reminds you of Nintendo, well, that is a mystery.

What? Does that even matter when the core game is intact?

Gears is made by the same person that envisioned the mechanics of the first one. You wouldn't know that though.

People give MS first party ton of credit because they emphasize a lot on gameplay. They have fantastic MP games for every genre they're on, not every publisher can say that.

Bravo Sony fans, you did it yet again. Here I was creating a respectable thread about an opinion on something that didn't relate to anything Sony. However, you Sony guys decided to hijack my thread and make it about yourselves yet again. This is why we can't have anything good. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Mods, lock this thread.

Snoopy said:
Bravo Sony fans, you did it yet again. Here I was creating a respectable thread about an opinion on something that didn't relate to anything Sony. However, you Sony guys decided to hijack my thread and make it about yourselves yet again. This is why we can't have anything good. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Mods, lock this thread.

we just wanted to let you know sony also has many non cinematic games.