By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 1st party actually reminds me of Microsoft 1st party or vise versa

Alkibiádēs said:
Hynad said:

Where was it claimed that The Last Guardian takes place in the same universe as SOTC and Ico?

Where was it claimed that Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place in the same univere as Xenoblade Chronicles? Notice how the newly unveiled game by Monolith Soft is called Xenoblade Chronicles 2 instead of 3?

Lmao, what you are talking about is a sequel/prequel etc, that doesn't mean those games are not part of the Xenoblade franchise. Like how is this even hard to understand. They have the same name, how are they NOT part of the same franchise? You have no idea what you're talking about. Stop talking.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Hynad said:
pokoko said:

Yeah, I guess you are.  You seem like someone who thinks terms like "first-party" were made up by fans but that's just ignorance.  They weren't.  It's an industry term.  From a publisher's perspective, anything they hold rights to, they consider "first party".  No one can come along and publish Minecraft on the Vita, for example.  Do you know why?  Because Sony holds the rights via agreement.

I honestly don't know why this is difficult for you to understand.  Regardless, I'll pass on to Microsoft that you think you know more than they do about publishing.

And that's obviously what the OP had in mind, right? Minecraft is a good Sony first party game, a good Nintendo first party game, and a good Microsoft first party game. A game developed by a studio owned by Microsoft. That makes so much sense. Just like your claim about Nioh being both a third and first party game. 

Which is why I said it wasn't worth arguing about in the first place.  Internet fans have their definition, just like "AAA", which was taken from the original, industry definition and twisted to mean something from a consumer perspective.  That's the one forums like this are going to use.  You wanted to get into schematics, though, which is why I thought it was worth having a conversation over, but that appears to not be the case.  I made a mistake by even mentioning malleable legal definitions on a gaming forum.  I really, honestly don't care about this and you obviously only want to consider this from one perspective, so I happily concede.  It means whatever you want it to mean.

Ali_16x said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Where was it claimed that Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place in the same univere as Xenoblade Chronicles? Notice how the newly unveiled game by Monolith Soft is called Xenoblade Chronicles 2 instead of 3?

Lmao, what you are talking about is a sequel/prequel etc, that doesn't mean those games are not part of the Xenoblade franchise. Like how is this even hard to understand. They have the same name, how are they NOT part of the same franchise? You have no idea what you're talking about. Stop talking.

So where does XCX state it's a prequel or sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles? Like I said, the relation between XC and XCX is very similar to the relation between the games of Team Ico. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Ali_16x said:

So where does XCX state it's a prequel or sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles? Like I said, the relation between XC and XCX is very similar to the relation between the games of Team Ico. 

L
O
L
They
are
part
of 
the 
same
franchise
that's
why
they 
have
the 
same
name

Anyways, I'm done with this conversation, you clearly do not know what you're talking about.

Ali_16x said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Lol yeah I don't see why he's arguing this, its like saying GT: Sport is a new IP.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Hynad said:

And that's obviously what the OP had in mind, right? Minecraft is a good Sony first party game, a good Nintendo first party game, and a good Microsoft first party game. A game developed by a studio owned by Microsoft. That makes so much sense. Just like your claim about Nioh being both a third and first party game. 

Which is why I said it wasn't worth arguing about in the first place.  Internet fans have their definition, just like "AAA", which was taken from the original, industry definition and twisted to mean something from a consumer perspective.  That's the one forums like this are going to use.  You wanted to get into schematics, though, which is why I thought it was worth having a conversation over, but that appears to not be the case.  I made a mistake by even mentioning malleable legal definitions on a gaming forum.  I really, honestly don't care about this and you obviously only want to consider this from one perspective, so I happily concede.  It means whatever you want it to mean.

No. There's a difference between a game being "published by" and a first party game. One holds publishing rights to a game not owned by them, the other is a game owned by them.  And you mix them all in the same basket. Sony holds publishing rights to Minecraft on their consoles, they do not own the game. Hence, it's not a first party game. I really can't believe I have to explain this.

PotentHerbs said:
Ali_16x said:

Lol yeah I don't see why he's arguing this, its like saying GT: Sport is a new IP.

Nope by his logic, it's not, but XCX is still a new franchise. You know what this logic is right? It starts with an F. Don't say it though otherwhise you'll get banned for "flaming".

User moderated for this and other posts -RavenXtra

PotentHerbs said:
Ali_16x said:

If you ever actually played a game by Team Ico or Monolith Soft you'd know why I'm argueing this. There are many hints that Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian take place in the same universe. Just like there are hints that Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X take place in the same universe.

The name means nothing really if you know anything about the whole Xeno universe. Xenoblade Chronicles was originally going to be called Monado: New Beginning, but they renamed it to Xeno to honour the director of the game. Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't even have the Monado in it. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
PotentHerbs said:

If you ever actually played a game by Team Ico or Monolith Soft you'd know why I'm argueing this. There are many hints that Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian take place in the same universe. Just like there are hints that Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place in the same universe.

The name means nothing really if you know anything about the whole Xeno universe. Xenoblade Chronicles was originally going to be called Monado: New Beginning, but they renamed it to Xeno to honour the director of the game. 

C'mon now, nothing official has been said about TLG being in the same universe as SoTC/ ICO, except fan theories. 

Hynad said:
Azzanation said:

No there not. You would be stupid to think thats a sequel. My point is if a game is based in the same universe as its previous game than its related and can either be a prequel, Sequel or another view.

Nice try though. 

Where was it ever claimed that The Last Guardian takes place in or is based on the same universe as SOTC and Ico?

Where does it say its not in the same universe? Friggin about the same Guardians as in SOTC.

Just because Ewok doesn't have Star Wars in its name doesn't mean its not related to Star Wars.

Halo Wars 2 is a completely different game to Halo 5, clearly same Universe. I wouldn't call Halo Wars a new IP because of its different game design.