By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Scorpio Spec leak - "might suggest console isn't the "true" 4k console as MS claimed"

Interesting. This lines up with Phil Spencer saying that you won't need this product if you don't have a 4k display. This console didn't have to be WAY more powerful than the Pro, just enough to where they can market it as such. And they are going to milk it. Yeah, I think they'll likely shoot for $399 now.

Around the Network
vivster said:

The leak isn't what suggest that the Scorpio isn't a true 4k console. A functioning brain already did that since the reveal.

You would be surprised even on here, how many times people have said "yeah but thats checkerboarded, its not native 4k".

And the only reason for that was because they bought into Microsofts marketing, with the scorpio.

Suddenly it was "true 4k" or nothing.

What ? Is CPU still the same ?
Megaton if true. Basically Scorpio is just a beefier Pro than PS4 Pro.
Lack of ESRAM - interesting.

How do we know what the cpu is?

So...PS4P isn't, either.

We're gonna be okay, kids.

We're gonna be okay.

Around the Network

Let's remind ourselves of what was said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1dRgWpGePs

The PS5 Exists. 

I was expecting best pixel comment. M not disappointed

This will just extend the XB1 brand for the remainder of the gen, keeps them viable in the race until 2018-2020 when the real next gen is expected. Casuals won't be picking this up the same way casuals won't be picking up the Pro. Both just fill the mid gen power gap between consoles and PC especially for Sony.

Called it. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. Ps4 Pro didn't set the charts on fire, I can't imagine how the Pro console from an inferior brand with a lackluster 2017 lineup will do any better.

Snoopy said:
How do we know what the cpu is?

We don't know yet.
It's just what makes sense and what everything is pointing towards.

For example, Microsoft is hinting towards another technology to alleviate the CPU burden, which means there isn't a massive emphasis on CPU performance.
Aka. They are taking Jaguar or a direct successor like Puma and firing up the clockrate.

Consoles typically don't place a large emphasis on CPU performance as that is typically taking up die-space on the SoC, which eats away at potential space for the GPU that draws all the pretty pictures on the screen that helps sell games and hardware.

LurkerJ said:
Called it. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. Ps4 Pro didn't set the charts on fire, I can't imagine how the Pro console from an inferior brand with a lackluster 2017 lineup will do any better.

Sales wise I agree. I don't see it being a runaway success.

With that said... The difference in fidelity between the Xbox One and Xbox One "Pro" will be larger than the difference between the Playstation 4 and Playstation 4 Pro, so Xbox Gamers should be happy as the upgrade will seem more tangible and thus "worth it".

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--