By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your ethical views of woman & LGBT in US and allied military.

John2290 said:
Insidb said:
Equal work. Equal pay.

Do the same work; get the same pay.

Fight the war equally, die and be conquered all equally.

That's exactly how it should be.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Insidb said:

Instead of Fight as lethally and precisely as possible, win and Live in peace equally.....?

You missed the point: if you contribute an equal amount, you are compensated an equal amount.

John2290 said:
Insidb said:

Instead of Fight as lethally and precisely as possible, win and Live in peace equally.....?

Are you even listening? Let me try to illistrate the point here.

You have two people trying to get into a millitary combat role. One man, one woman.

Lets say there is a test, both physical and mental that they need to pass to get into the role. You need an 80 pass.

If both the man and the woman get and 85, is there any reason the woman shouldn't be allowed to take the role?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Pemalite said:
SuperNova said:

Um. No. No they don't. Women just don't get to the same level of upper body strengh as men do, no matter what they do (short of maybe hideous amounts of doping...). Upper body strengh is vital for carrying attilery in the front lines. If one of the soldiers can't keep up they are a risk to the whole team.

Obviously never been to Russia.

I don't disagree with you, but if you have a woman that does exceed the average bloke in most areas, then she shouldn't be denied any role just because she is a Grill.

The "average bloke" has no place in the United States military combat units. Women should be open to apply to any position they are qualified for, but mixed gender combat units are imbalanced and an extremely unpopular idea among members of the military.

Anyone who makes the argument that because some women are stronger than men, they should be able to do everything a male soldier does. This is true for just about everything except for combat roles. Averages have no meaning whenever the cream are able to rise to the top.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Pemalite said:

I don't disagree with you, but if you have a woman that does exceed the average bloke in most areas, then she shouldn't be denied any role just because she is a Grill.

The "average bloke" has no place in the United States military combat units. Women should be open to apply to any position they are qualified for, but mixed gender combat units are imbalanced and an extremely unpopular idea among members of the military.

Anyone who makes the argument that because some women are stronger than men, they should be able to do everything a male soldier does. This is true for just about everything except for combat roles. Averages have no meaning whenever the cream are able to rise to the top.

I would argue that averages should have no meaning when determining the qualifications of individuals either.  Thus, if there is a woman who can meet the same requirements as the men for a combat unit then I see no reason to deny that individual that role.  If the minimum necessary for that role means that only .1% of women qualify while 2-3% of men do I think that's fair, but it's when you deny any woman the chance to even try that I disagree with the system.  

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Pemalite said:

Mixed race combat units was an extremely unpopular idea among members of the military.

I really don't get why this is an issue. There are objective standards for every military job, right? If you meet those standards then you should be allowed to perform the job. Someone's gender or sexual preference shouldn't matter here.

4 ≈ One

John2290 said:
invetedlotus123 said:
I think in military it really doesn`t matter. Women have exactly the same physical potential as men.

Gotta stop you right there. No, this is not true. You are only born with so many muscle fibers and man or woman this is a sliding scale, it is not set in stone and the vast majority of women have less muscle fibers at birth. Men are also capable of using muscle to a greater potential and have much greater abundance of the chemical make up that produce agressive heightened states of fight or flight. But even if there were exo skeletons and chemical and hormonal stim packs for everyone in the military woman still should not be in battle imo, they simply don't have the thousands of years of war and fighting in the blood as men do and by blood I mean in the way men have evolved chemically and mentally. Along with other issues like extremists targeting the woman in some sick way. A male POW is at worst getting tortured, a female POW is getting raped and tortured along with all that these cultures find acceptable. Should women who fight be steralized and trained on how to handle endless daily rapings from multiple men as a POW....I could go on for days, to the fact that a female POV would become a serious PR issue and put more soldiers at risk in the rescue attempts....on for days...

What a load off bullsh*t. 

What do you know about military operations? This is not Napoleon times where armies still use swords/bayonnets and march for days to get to their target.

Todays' military is mobile, tech heavy (light, compact, mobile) and more about knowledge than muscle. The load of bollocks you're stating are the same  bulsh*t told by people in the 1940's to keep minorities out of the military.

I have no qualms but there is a very good reason why military forces are skewed towards males regardless of their sexual orientation ...

Torillian said:
outlawauron said:

I would argue that averages should have no meaning when determining the qualifications of individuals either.  Thus, if there is a woman who can meet the same requirements as the men for a combat unit then I see no reason to deny that individual that role.  If the minimum necessary for that role means that only .1% of women qualify while 2-3% of men do I think that's fair, but it's when you deny any woman the chance to even try that I disagree with the system.  

Of course, I'm not saying that deny anyone the chance, but using a sliding scale as suggested can only cause potential harm.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.