By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your ethical views of woman & LGBT in US and allied military.

The United States should pull a Costa Rica and abolish its military.

Around the Network

LGBT- they aren't straight, so what? They shouldn't be harassed just because they aren't heterosexual. Even if I disagree with transgenderism, no one should ever be a victim of disgusting acts just because they want to serve the military.

John2290 said:

I think this is a topic that should be in the digital social bickering sphere. The General is pretty neutral and deflective with most of his answers but one thing is clear, he believes the US military (and by consequence the free wests militaries)  should be at its most lethal and strong, basically implying there should be no weak links.

What is your stance on this, after understanding all sides of the issue? I once again rely on you to alleviate some cognitive dissonance on my part. Right now, I think the world is no shape to continue with adding "diversity and social justice" to the military. I'm all for women in the miltary in the right places, for example piloting aircraft if shown the proper ability, on the sea and on base but not in the battlefield or on strategic operations on the ground. Gays are all good in my book in this sector and there should be no issue but Transgender people? No. Even if they pass all trials and training and aren't outed on the medical they are a target for bullying and a sure weak link.

One thing is for sure though. The bar for entry should never be lowered for women, phyically or mentally and never should they be on the ground in warfare. Thankfully, war has changed. War is no longer an open battlefeild. Perhaps women hold a place in the modern frontline, can you make a factual and convincing arguement for this?

Yup. That's all folks.

Sniper Wolf.

I think in military it really doesn`t matter. Women have exactly the same physical potential as men, if a woman and a man train the same routine and the same schedule they can get the same physical abilities. Women may even have some natural advantages when it comes with dealing with pain.

And anyway, I think if people that want to enter the army pass the exams it`s no SJW craziness to want them there doing what they have to do. It would be SJW if we would force the army to accept LGBTQ and Women based on legislation forcing the criterias to be softer for them.

Anyone should be allowed anywhere he or she fits.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

I'm all for women in the miltary in the right places, for example piloting aircraft if shown the proper ability, on the sea and on base but not in the battlefield or on strategic operations on the ground. Gays are all good in my book in this sector and there should be no issue but Transgender people? No. Even if they pass all trials and training and aren't outed on the medical they are a target for bullying and a sure weak link.

1) If a woman can pull of the same physical feats of a man, then that woman should be able to do everything a man can in the Military, including close-quarter combat.
It shouldn't be done a gender basis, but an individual basis.

2) Denying Transgender people because of bullying? So you wish to punish those being bullied? Here is an idea. Hows about you punish the bullies instead?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

It's not because of being a woman or LGBT. It's only an issue if they are qualified.

John2290 said:
bunchanumbers said:

Sniper Wolf.

She was finctional. :(

But certainy possible! You can't tell me that a woman can't be a sniper.

I dont think women or LGBT people are less qualified to serve and I see no issue with it.

If you meet the minimum criteria for any role in any military position then, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity should make no difference.

The only SJW consideration is "affirmative action" or quotas. I don't see any call for that kind of stuff.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix