By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on using the Switch more as a Home console, portable/tablet, or tabletop device?

Do you plan on using the Switch more as a Home console, portable/tablet, or tabletop device?

Home console setup on the TV screen 100 48.78%

Portable/Tablet 79 38.54%

Tabletop 11 5.37%

None of the above! I don... 15 7.32%

Total:205

Even at home, I'll probably use it in portable and tabletop modes more than on the TV.

Around the Network

Probably mostly in portable mode. I loved off-tv play on the WiiU.

I'd say tabletop is basically the same as portable/tablet; not sure it needed its own category.

Regardless, real interesting to see the even split between the two. This bolds well for the Switch; it likely needs to perform better with the 3DS/Vita crowd than the PS4/XB1 crowd to be successful.

People clearly want to use it in different ways- glad Nintendo went this route. Wii U seriously could've been amazing if it wasn't made too early.

Probably mostly home console mode, since I probably wouldn't be playing much when I head out, but I'll still use it as a portable when I go out for long trips.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I'm viewing it as my 3rd portable beside my Vita and 3ds. I doubt I even set the dock up since I'll need my charger on the go.

100% portable

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
100% portable

Surprised you're even getting the Switch :O

i assumed you didn't like it

I wanna say as a portable but I don't know if I want to take it outside tbh.

Home console.