By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on using the Switch more as a Home console, portable/tablet, or tabletop device?

Do you plan on using the Switch more as a Home console, portable/tablet, or tabletop device?

Home console setup on the TV screen 100 48.78%

Portable/Tablet 79 38.54%

Tabletop 11 5.37%

None of the above! I don... 15 7.32%

Total:205

Home console. I am just not a handheld person at all. I tried it out a bit but ended up vastly preferring to take my Kindle with me instead. I just want handheld games, not the handheld experience.

Around the Network

Estimates based on myself.
~80% handheld
~15% television
~5% tabletop

I'm probably a bit of an outlier as use my PS4 as a handheld about ~20% of the time via remote play on Vita. I'll be curious about battery options to extend the Switch's portability past 2-3 hours.

Portable, I'm planning on playing mostly away from home and it'll be sweet.

I'm a PC gamer so with the NS same as my PC 95% of the time it will be used as a home console.

34 years playing games.

All three, equally.

Around the Network

Mostly at home, but still undocked as I love off TV play.

Handheld mode since it's more convenient and most of the time, I'm not infront of the TV

Would use both modes though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

If I do get it - Which still remains uncertain - I'd probably use it as a home console. Portability is not a hook for me, even my 3DS I play in my room, hardly ever - if ever - I have taken it outside.

I'd say 80% home console, and 20% portable. Not too interested in tabletop, but who knows?

In the case I would buy one (not a big chance) I would use it primarily as handheld. Why because it excels in being that and for me it doesn't excel (hell it's pretty lacklustre) in being a home console.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar