By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What level of advertisement do you expect for Splatoon 2 ?

One really big thing that Wii U failed at was having a steady advertising/marketing campaign, it would have a big game to advertise then go 4-6 months with nothing major.

Nintendo really needs to capitalize on launch/Zelda (March), Mario Kart (April), ARMS (Spring), Splatoon (Summer) releasing in quick succession and have a solid 6 months of constant advertising.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
zorg1000 said:
One really big thing that Wii U failed at was having a steady advertising/marketing campaign, it would have a big game to advertise then go 4-6 months with nothing major.

Nintendo really needs to capitalize on launch/Zelda (March), Mario Kart (April), ARMS (Spring), Splatoon (Summer) releasing in quick succession and have a solid 6 months of constant advertising.

I wonder what they'll have for the second half of the year. Right now, they probably should have it covered for a while with Arms, Splatoon and E3 hype seeing them through to July, but after that there's no first-party games all the way until November with Mario (I doubt Xenoblade releases before that, hell I doubt it even releases this year at all).

It depends when exactly ARMS & Splatoon release in Spring/Summer. A lineup like this would be pretty good for keeping momentum going.

Early March-Launch/Zelda

Late April-Mario Kart Deluxe

Mid June-ARMS

Early August-Splatoon 2

Late September-Fire Emblem Warriors

Late October-Xenoblade 2

Late November-Mario Odyssey

Nintendo is known to announce games at E3 that launch during the holidays (2013-3D World, 2014-Captain Toad, 2015-Mario Tennis/Amiibo Festival) so even if Xenoblade gets delayed their is likely to be a support title for Mario during the holidays.

Then mix in the 3rd party support between those games and you have a pretty consistent release schedule.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Less than the original Splatoon, because it has more awareness now

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

The push is going to be stronger than the first, and that apllies to everywhere in the world.If Splatoon manages to sell more than the first(and significaly so), it will cement itself as another Nintendo pillar, so nintendo will take the chance.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Atleast as much as the first, if not more, meme commercial and all!
I just worry about paid online hindering this game's sales.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Atleast as much as the first, if not more, meme commercial and all!
I just worry about paid online hindering this game's sales.

Do you think they will be able to create a new song as catchy as "You're a Kid now, You're a Squid now" ?

1. Share on social media

2. Put commercials

3. Advertise on Youtube with commercials

4. Sponsor popular gamers to give Spla2oon some hype

5. Kids channels- don't forget Nick, CN, etc etc.

6. Kill anyone who dislikes Splatoon

Very simple and straightforward plan. I am sure they'll advertise it, especially since it is in Summer. School's out, it won't hurt to get a game. Why not go for Spla2oon? It's new, cool, and seems interesting. It'll appeal to many casuals.

My guess is that it will get Mario Kart levels of advertising since Nintendo now knows the full potential of the franchise!

I think splatoon will be decently advertised but what I am note interested in is how much arms will be advertised. I think that game has the potential to become the next splatoon if done right. They need a global testfire for that as well as advertising the hell out of it

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

The same amount as part one since the Switch is going to sell to the same crowd as the Wii U.