By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Same Old Nintendo - KindaFunnyGames

outlawauron said:
bdbdbd said:

There are legitimate concerns, but I really don't see what's the problem with chat on mobile? This is something where Nintendo excels it's competition.

Not sure though if 3rd party support is really a concern either if the industry AAA games aren't coming to Switch.

I think it's a great idea as an additional option to chat with friends and coordinate with each other. I don't like that it's the only option for it. Less options isn't excelling. I do hope they allow for sometime of OS integrated party solution.

Umm... yeah, but don't they have just as much options, only that Nintendo is doing it better?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
outlawauron said:

I think it's a great idea as an additional option to chat with friends and coordinate with each other. I don't like that it's the only option for it. Less options isn't excelling. I do hope they allow for sometime of OS integrated party solution.

Umm... yeah, but don't they have just as much options, only that Nintendo is doing it better?

Competition offers both native and app based chat. The issue is Nintendo is offering only the app based solution and making you pay for access to it. This is the cutting corners and cheaper solution than having a robust online infrastructure. Not everyone has large or unlimited data plans on their smartphones so they either need to use it exclusively on wifi or pay for better data plans. And speaking of wifi something like 20% of Americans with broadband internet still do not have Wifi connections. That number is even lower in some other countries in the world and the Switch's dock does not come with an ethernet port. Meaning a LAN adapter is also necessary for those people.

Also the issue of how Nintendo intends, if at all, to deal with getting both game audio and voice chat audio into the same headset. And to deal with the issue of how much background noise a smartphones mic picks up. Overall hard to see how offering less options behind a paywall, and one that is still out of the question for a lot of people's internet and mobile options in the world.

Agreed completely. Everything he said is true and all the concerns are valid.

KLXVER said:
irstupid said:

Isn't it funny that the people who bash the system the most seem to have that exact same story down to a T.

As soon as I hear someone say that story, I immediately ignore them. They don't love Nintendo. They love other games. Nintendo games have improved each time a new one comes out. Has Zelda, or Mario taken a hit in quality at all? Name other big IP's of theirs and ask the same thing. No they have not. Those "sob" stories about Nintendo not growing up with them is bullshit. They just don't like those games anymore.

So what is so wrong with the Switch reveal that we didn't expect. Ignoring any hardware stuff. Before this conference we KNEW it was going to be a handheld/home console. Nothing changed. In conference we got a new Mario that looks amazing, no one can deny that. We have a Zelda being released that looks amaizng, again no one can deny. We have a sequal to one of the highest acclaimed RPG's. It is getting a ultimate edition of the best Mario Kart game to date. It is gettting a sequal to a highly praised new IP(Splatoon).

Basically, it comes down to it's missing 3rd parties. Which, is NOT NINTENDO. Nintendo is Nintendo games. That is it.

I couldnt imagine the NES and SNES without the shit ton of amazing third party games. The GC had a decent amount and the Wii got some really good ones. For many of us Nintendo alone cant support their console enough for it to be more than a console you play a few times a year. Im really excited for Zelda and the next one Im really excited for is Mario. If you absolutely love pretty much every game Nintendo makes, then you are going to be much more excited for their consoles. Maybe us older gamers dont matter much, but we are not quitting gaming. We just have to find it elsewhere.

A quote from one of his articles showing how the Vita will destroy the 3DS. "The Nintendo 3DS is certainly not going to take the Vita out with N64 ports and tired, worn series."

He is flat out dissing Nintendo games. Worn series's? That is talking about Nintendo games. It is purely about NIntendo's 1st party software. If the Switch had every 3rd party game under the sun, what would that matter to him? He already has a PS4/One S i'm sure. So he can already get those same games on his system. Why would he buy a switch to play those same games. You buy a switch for the NINTENDO games, which he calls tired, worn series'.

That to me is him no longer liking Nintendo's games. 

Apparntly to many gamers when they "grow up" that means they need to play non-nintendo games. You s aid it yourself. You have to find the games you like elsewhere. I'm grown up and I do majority of my gaming on Nintendo consoles. So Nintendo grew up with me apparantly. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Another NintenDOOM thread. Nice. -_-

Tell that to Nintendo , Nintendo want it to be doom LOL 

Around the Network
irstupid said:
KLXVER said:

I couldnt imagine the NES and SNES without the shit ton of amazing third party games. The GC had a decent amount and the Wii got some really good ones. For many of us Nintendo alone cant support their console enough for it to be more than a console you play a few times a year. Im really excited for Zelda and the next one Im really excited for is Mario. If you absolutely love pretty much every game Nintendo makes, then you are going to be much more excited for their consoles. Maybe us older gamers dont matter much, but we are not quitting gaming. We just have to find it elsewhere.

A quote from one of his articles showing how the Vita will destroy the 3DS. "The Nintendo 3DS is certainly not going to take the Vita out with N64 ports and tired, worn series."

He is flat out dissing Nintendo games. Worn series's? That is talking about Nintendo games. It is purely about NIntendo's 1st party software. If the Switch had every 3rd party game under the sun, what would that matter to him? He already has a PS4/One S i'm sure. So he can already get those same games on his system. Why would he buy a switch to play those same games. You buy a switch for the NINTENDO games, which he calls tired, worn series'.

That to me is him no longer liking Nintendo's games. 

Apparntly to many gamers when they "grow up" that means they need to play non-nintendo games. You s aid it yourself. You have to find the games you like elsewhere. I'm grown up and I do majority of my gaming on Nintendo consoles. So Nintendo grew up with me apparantly. 

Well I guess you got lucky then. Only having a Nintendo console isnt even an option for me anymore.

outlawauron said:
CaptainExplosion said:

People only hit the like button because it gave them someone to laugh at.

Hey man, whatever makes you feel better. He thought the Vita was a good piece of hardware in 2011 tho. 

Vita was a great piece of hardware. And it's failure had nothing to do with that.

I'll be honest, like Polygon, Colin Moriarty is something I can't take seriously.

For context, here's his video form before the conference. What a turnaround...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I was watching the conference live, they haven't changed at all.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"