By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wired: Nintendo Switch ain't for mom and pop - It's for die-hard fans

Hynad said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They have to. The little kids dont give a damn about Nintendo, and the generation who Nintendo had in the palm of their hand are all grown up. Nostalgia is everything if they dont have a once in a lifetime fad hit like the Wii. This is for the same niche market as the Wii U, except the device is actually a long range portable.

Kids don't give a damn about Nintendo? To who have they sold those 60M+ 3DSes?

m8, 95% percent of all the people who I've seen/confirmed to be owning and playing the 3DS family are 15+ years old.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
Hynad said:

m8, 95% percent of all the people who I've seen/confirmed to be owning and playing the 3DS family are 15+ years old.

And 66% of the ones I know [irl] who have one are kids aged around 10. This includes my kid.

Hynad said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

And 66% of the ones I know [irl] who have one are kids aged around 10. This includes my kid.

Just goes to show you, different countries, different audiences.

I have at least 600 unique Miis in my StreetPass Mii Plaza, so I do suppose that says something.

This is actually good news for an "old-fart-gamer" like me who likes the late 80's thru 90's styles of games. Things startred to sour for me when I couldn't tell if I was playing a game or watching Netflix. Bring back real gaming Nintendo and they will come.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

If that's the case it needs Metroid.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Hynad said:

My guess is Spurge.

Spurge and Johnlucas.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

GameCube was for Nintendo's die hard fans? Bwahahahahahahahahaha, HA!

No-no-no. GameCube was Nintendo's attempt at being a non-innovative PlayStation Junior.
GBA was for Nintendo's die hard fans at that point in time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

TheWPCTraveler said:
Hynad said:

My eldest is 6 years old and she's obsessed with Mario, Zelda and Pikmin. The kids at her school do make-believe during break time where they argue over which character from MarioKart they are (usually between Peach and Daisy - they are still 6 year old girls after all), so to put it bluntly, you're wrong. Kids love nintendo. At least in the small corner of northen England where I'm from anyway. 

NoImBrian said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

My eldest is 6 years old and she's obsessed with Mario, Zelda and Pikmin. The kids at her school do make-believe during break time where they argue over which character from MarioKart they are (usually between Peach and Daisy - they are still 6 year old girls after all), so to put it bluntly, you're wrong. Kids love nintendo. At least in the small corner of northen England where I'm from anyway. 

What Hynad is saying is true.
What I am saying is true.
What you are saying is true.

What we are all saying are not necessarily mutually exclusive to each other. My brother, for instance, loves Mario Kart and 3D Mario, and Nintendo Land in general. In fact, if I introduce him to Zelda, he'll probably ruin my save files by virtue of playing with them...

Well its pretty clear from everything they've shown so far that its not really aimed at the same audience as the Wii.