By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is letting 3DS cannibalize Switch

If the market cares about graphics as much as they say they do, then the switch version should do just fine.

Around the Network

So you throw a red flag when they abandon the Wii U but throw another one when they want to continue supporting the 3DS? For a reason quite obvious, I might add.

You realize that makes you a hypocrite, right,

I don't think this would affect the Switch too much since Hyrule Warriors isn't really a system seller anyways

FE Warriors is limited only to n3DS so that also will affect 3ds sales

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So has Curl adressed the hypocrisy of bashing them for abandoning Wii U and bashing them for supporting 3DS?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't think 3ds will eat into Switch's sales very much if at all. 3ds is old hardware and people aren't buying it in droves like they use to (unless there's a Pokemon game).

There's like five games this year for 3ds and I doubt any of them are gonna push sales.

Around the Network

I think it is pretty dumb that they're going to have a 3DS verison of FE Warriors, especially when it'll likely look bad, and seems kinda pointless when you can have the better version on the go. I don't think it's doom and gloom for the Switch though. You did forget to mention that the Switch will be getting its own FE game in 2018.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bandorr said:
Cloudman said:
I think it is pretty dumb that they're going to have a 3DS verison of FE Warriors, especially when it'll likely look bad, and seems kinda pointless when you can have the better version on the go. I don't think it's doom and gloom for the Switch though. You did forget to mention that the Switch will be getting its own FE game in 2018.

I'm interested to see how it does on the 3ds New XL.  The longer I can put off buying a switch the better.

FE Warriors on the N3DS, you mean?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bandorr said:
Cloudman said:

FE Warriors on the N3DS, you mean?

Yes.

I see. That's fair enough, but if you're planning to get the switch eventually, why not wait to get Warriors on the Switch then?

Dance my pretties!

Have you considered that Nintendo actually doesn't intend on replacing the 3DS with the Switch, and that a 3DS successor is in the works that is not compatible with Switch games?

Cloudman said:
Bandorr said:

Yes.

I see. That's fair enough, but if you're planning to get the switch eventually, why not wait to get Warriors on the Switch then?

what if hes not planning on getting Switch for a couple years? why would he pass up a game he wants that releases this year on a device he currently owns?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.