By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band for Wii: WTF?!

Very simple solution.

_PS3_

Around the Network

Rock Band 2 may be a long ways off, but that doesn't mean they couldn't do a Wii-only game that is a sort of greatest hits from the DLC. Really, though, either Nintendo doesn't want to work with EA or EA doesn't want to work with Nintendo. There's no reason it can't be done, but there may be reasons why it might not be.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

The problem with using the SD cards for downloadable content is DRM.

I haven't looked into it myself personally, but has anyone actually found a way to legitimately copy VC purchases and transfer them to other consoles? Not that I've heard of since VC games are locked to specific consoles.

Barring any hardware or soft hacks, there isn't any way to transfer VC purchases to SD card, making them easy to transfer to any other console.

Regardless, you'd have the same issue if Rock Band downloads went directly to SD card.

Compilations disks are about the best thing EA could provide as a service for Wii owners, which probably wouldn't float since the tracks would still have to be transferred to internal memory or SD card to access while the game disc itself was loaded and running. So those compilation discs would have to be an independent standalone game like GH Rock the 80s.

I'm sure EA measured their options, but as there is no practical solution due to the internal storage constraints of the Wii, they simply axed DLC completely. As for why they cut online play is anyone's guess (double fail there).

If online play/DLC matters that much to you, the solution is buy a more robust system.

that's why i'm thinking about the PS-Triple. MGS + GT5 + Netflix + RockBand = win

Nintendo's online service isn't that great and calm down about DLC, no point in it till Nintendo get off their asses and do something about storage.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

Rock Band isn't even out here, but bummer about that DLC, but it's nothing "Major" i'd rather have it now with no DLC then not being able to buy it at all.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

without DLC i dont understand why anyone would what this i will just stick with gh3

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

just forget the DLC - it may already be included

That Guy said:
that's why i'm thinking about the PS-Triple. MGS + GT5 + Netflix + RockBand = win

How come this strikes me as a latent excuse to knock the Wii? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
That Guy said:

How come this strikes me as a latent excuse to knock the Wii?

Nah.  He just wants a reason to buy a PS3.  He wants MGS4, but needs that one extra thing he can't get to push him over the cliff.