By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band for Wii: WTF?!

Entroper said:
plzdontbanme said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Welcome to Newegg. Give them 13 bucks and you get a USB SD card reader along with a 2 GB SD card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134548

Yeah nice nonsensical retort. 13 is no where near $7 it's almost double. Welcome to 1st grade math. (You also forgot shipping so I would have to fork over $18) I also stated above that $10 would be a much closer to $7.

Look how much Nintendo is charging for their SD card 30 MSRP. They won't let EA get away will selling the card with songs packed in for $25.

Welcome to reading comprehension, $13 is for an SD card AND a USB SD card reader, something that often goes for $20 by itself at retail.

I expect we'll see SDHC support for the Wii this year, simultaneous with the announcement of the "official" Nintendo-brand 8 GB SD card. They usually wait until they can quadruple the size of their memory cards (hence memory card 59, 251, 1019 on the Gamecube).

That had nothing to do with my reading skills (well maybe a little).  It had to do with the random use of the quote button.  He had no reason to quote me if he was going to change the topic and answer my question in a totally random way.  I guess the reply was more nonsensical than I first thought.....

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Around the Network
plzdontbanme said:
Entroper said:
plzdontbanme said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Welcome to Newegg. Give them 13 bucks and you get a USB SD card reader along with a 2 GB SD card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134548

Yeah nice nonsensical retort. 13 is no where near $7 it's almost double. Welcome to 1st grade math. (You also forgot shipping so I would have to fork over $18) I also stated above that $10 would be a much closer to $7.

Look how much Nintendo is charging for their SD card 30 MSRP. They won't let EA get away will selling the card with songs packed in for $25.

Welcome to reading comprehension, $13 is for an SD card AND a USB SD card reader, something that often goes for $20 by itself at retail.

I expect we'll see SDHC support for the Wii this year, simultaneous with the announcement of the "official" Nintendo-brand 8 GB SD card. They usually wait until they can quadruple the size of their memory cards (hence memory card 59, 251, 1019 on the Gamecube).

That had nothing to do with my reading skills (well maybe a little). It had to do with the random use of the quote button. He had no reason to quote me if he was going to change the topic and answer my question in a totally random way. I guess the reply was more nonsensical than I first thought.....

someone say something about unnessarily quoting people? 

Ill get it. Played it at my freinds house and we had so much fun just playing between us, so online isint much of a concern for me.

Well now that they released the download pack on CD, I don't have that much hatred against Nintendo/Harmonix anymore.

It's not as good as DLC, but I'll probably just get the gimped version on Wii now.

That Guy said:
Well now that they released the download pack on CD, I don't have that much hatred against Nintendo/Harmonix anymore.

It's not as good as DLC, but I'll probably just get the gimped version on Wii now.

I think this will be better for some people for one reason.  The packs can be played separately. If I dont like the games the original Rock Band came with, I can just buy Rock Band Vol. 3 or whatever has the best music.  

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network
ReggieNator said:
15 Songs Downloaded * 1.50 per song (assuming that much) = 22.50 for a disc. Sounds reasonable to me.

And who says that the extra DLC will be on Rock Band 2? Hopefully if they were smart, they'd make the DLC from Rock Band 1 transferable to Rock Band 2.

Wow. Mr. Fils-Aime was eerily correct on this one. I guess its a disc with 20 songs at 1.50 a song instead of 15 songs.

loadedstatement said:
That Guy said:

I think this will be better for some people for one reason.  The packs can be played separately. If I dont like the games the original Rock Band came with, I can just buy Rock Band Vol. 3 or whatever has the best music.  

Oh, so it is seperate play. If changing a disc means retarting the game, that's very annoying. Having DLC integrate into world tour mode is far better. Once you install a new song, it's always there, and they can be played as a group band in world tour mode to advance your band. Even if every song releaed via song pack on discs, switching between them all to play certain songs is no fun. There are over 50 songs already ith 3 a week. Entire albums started last month, too. This song pack is better than nothing, but not near as cool as 3 songs a week.