By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band for Wii: WTF?!

i don't think so. DVDs are really cheap and they could offer the songs in an album or something. Even SD cards. I got my 2 gig sd cards for like 7 bucks a pop, so they could even theoretically release a pack of songs on a 2 gig SD card for like 20 bucks or 25 bucks or something. I'd be happy with that.

I wouldn't be able to buy individual songs, but at least give me the option to get extra content!

Around the Network

Where you getting them SD cards? They are fake or stolen. Might as well get Rock Band 2 for $50 then and not DLC then if you're gonna pay $25 for a dvd.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

@ claude

You do know that rock band tracks are between 20-40 mb a piece. So if you had your whole internal memory to use on the Wii you could download what, fifteen songs? That's if you don''t use your memory for WiiWare games, VC, etc.

plzdontbanme said:
Where you getting them SD cards? They are fake or stolen.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010070068+1053107930+1053307940&name=2GB

So I guess Newegg has been visiting the flash memory pawn shops, eh?

IMO, being afraid of copying is no excuse.  There are tons of companies offering digital music downloads, and they have DRM to manage that.

Taking off Free Tour is stupid, and theirs no reason for that.
Taking off Online is pointless, Guitar Hero 3 works online, so does Smash bros with 4 people jumping around that stage.
Taking of DLC is incredibly stupid/pointless, they made over 5 million from that, and Excite Truck can play background music from an SD card, why can't the same principles work?

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Around the Network

Just deal with the fact that for multi platform releases, the Wii loses 99% of the time.

Everyone buys the Wii for the motion controls, Wii Sports and first party titles; not the best third party releases in the gaming biz.

If the inferior Wii ports bother you that much, buy a 360 or PS3. It's pretty simple.

Entroper said:
plzdontbanme said:
Where you getting them SD cards? They are fake or stolen.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010070068+1053107930+1053307940&name=2GB

So I guess Newegg has been visiting the flash memory pawn shops, eh?

IMO, being afraid of copying is no excuse. There are tons of companies offering digital music downloads, and they have DRM to manage that.

So if I give newegg 8 I will get a 2 gb SD card?  Whoa nice deals.  Also nobody is gonna partner up with "Patriot Signature" or "Transcend"

Mint said:
Taking off Free Tour is stupid, and theirs no reason for that.
Taking off Online is pointless, Guitar Hero 3 works online, so does Smash bros with 4 people jumping around that stage.
Taking of DLC is incredibly stupid/pointless, they made over 5 million from that, and Excite Truck can play background music from an SD card, why can't the same principles work?

You haven't read this thread at all have you? 

i think the point is that SD cards are a lot cheaper than you think them to be. The fact that a 2 gig SD card is 7 dollars retail means that:

1) they are very cheap at wholesale (even cheaper than 7 dollars)
2) you are getting ripped off if you are spending more than 10 bucks on an SD card

Most likely, if the DLC content was made offline, any expansion pack or extra songs on Rock Band will be on a disc because even though the cost of a 2 gig SD card is 8 dollars, the cost of a 4.7 gig DVD is maybe 10 cents to produce.

10 for a 2 gb SD card sounds about right. Amazon has them for 11 something.

It will be too expensive to buy a dvd with 15 songs in it. Like I said might as well release it in Rock Band 2.