By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon and Zelda... a week apart? Will BOTW be overshadowed by the new Sony IP.

I will be playing...

Both Horizon: ZD and BOTW. 114 10.18%

Just Horizon. 290 25.89%

Just BOTW. 520 46.43%

I'm going to wait to see... 33 2.95%

BOTW first then Horizon. 120 10.71%

Horizon first then BOTW. 43 3.84%

Total:1,120
Hynad said:
onionberry said:

Aonuma said that you can finish the game without the story, that's open to me. 

When and where did he say that? And are we sure it wasn't yet an other stupid mistranslation?

Link please.

"Users may not actually get the full story depending on how they play this game and how they strategize and solve puzzles,” Aonuma said. “Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that’s an option totally up to the user.”

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-completed/

Around the Network
onionberry said:
Hynad said:

When and where did he say that? And are we sure it wasn't yet an other stupid mistranslation?

Link please.

"Users may not actually get the full story depending on how they play this game and how they strategize and solve puzzles,” Aonuma said. “Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that’s an option totally up to the user.”

Well, I stand corrected then. But I'd assume that if you were to do that, Link wouldn't be in a position where he gets access to everything the world map has to offer. Since he wouldn't have all the items that allows him to reach/access everything. 

Hynad said:
onionberry said:

Well, I stand corrected then. But I'd assume that if you were to do that, Link wouldn't be in a position where he gets access to everything the world map has to offer. Since he wouldn't have all the items that allows him to reach/access everything. 

Well I guess that you can do it, doesn't mean that your equipment is going to be good enough to do it. Skills shall be tested.

onionberry said:
Hynad said:

Well I guess that you can do it, doesn't mean that your equipment is going to be good enough to do it. Skills shall be tested.

His statement makes me worried about my run through it... I like stories in games, and based on the last trailer, it seems like Breath of the Wild will have the best storytelling so far for the franchise. I wouldn't want to miss anything about it. :/

Hynad said:
onionberry said:

His statement makes me worried about my run through it... I like stories in games, and based on the last trailer, it seems like Breath of the Wild will have the best storytelling so far for the franchise. I wouldn't want to miss anything about it. :/

buy a guide, noob :P

Around the Network
onionberry said:
Hynad said:

buy a guide, noob :P

Guides are for noobs, noob.

But to be honest, I do get some [collector's edition of] guides for collecting purpose. But barely ever use them. xD I enjoy them mostly for the artworks, the interviews, and making of tibits.

Hynad said:
Normchacho said:

I absolutely don't mean this as a dig, and I apologize if it comes off that way. But this mentality is why Zelda is going to score so well no matter what.

Zelda basically is only going to be compared to older Zelda games. It could do 80% of what other modern open world games do, and as long as it had a pretty artstyle, good music, and the Zelda name, it pretty much HAS to score a 90 or above.

To be fair though, the game does look phenomenal. =P

Yes, yes it does.

But, it makes talking about Zelda games difficult, because if you compare them to other games it's taken as an afront to all things holy.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

John2290 said:
Rafie said:

Well said, OB. That pretty much sums up the way I feel about both of them. Me personally, I'm more excited for Zelda. The gameplay, story, and the lovely ear-gasm of a OST has me waiting in anticipation. Horizon looks fun and ambitious as well. I'll be getting both, but once Zelda comes out on the 3rd...NOTHING else will be played but that game.

Not even if the open world zelda is boring and every fiber of your being wants you to return to Horizon which has you so addicted the week prior? ...Maybe you should Play BOTW first and wait on horzion. Like I said in the OP, this is quite possible.

If Zelda is that boring, or if Horizon is that much of a monster of a game...then my stance will change. I'm not against Horizon. I'm actually excited for it. I just know that this Zelda game has been a long time coming and I know it will be good. Zelda games normally don't disappoint.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

You gotta lol at the people trying to pass off like everything else in gaming gets scrutinized, but Zelda gets a pass...

What are people's heads at? Have you guys not been here to witness broken games receiving good scores, even though they need massive day 1 patches to fix bugs. All of that aside one clear thing will set these 2 games apart and that's the amount of content and level of gameplay they allow.

From what we've seen so far of both games, people will be done and finished with Horizon fairly quickly while BoTW definitely seems to have that Skyrim feeling going for it. Where people will want to continue to play the game over and over just to do fun things in the world.

In a battle between a new IP and a huge, time tested IP launching with a brand new console, the huge IP will win. At the very least, Zelda definitely won't be overshadowed. If anything, Horizon will be.