By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon and Zelda... a week apart? Will BOTW be overshadowed by the new Sony IP.

I will be playing...

Both Horizon: ZD and BOTW. 114 10.18%

Just Horizon. 290 25.89%

Just BOTW. 520 46.43%

I'm going to wait to see... 33 2.95%

BOTW first then Horizon. 120 10.71%

Horizon first then BOTW. 43 3.84%

Total:1,120

Horizon will bé à great game( probably a 85-86 Meta) , but éven being totally différent than Zelda, and Zelda being Zelda( probably a 94-95), sadly Horizon will suffer from the comparison, though it could sell more.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

While I would expect Horizon to outsell Zelda, I just can't imagine Zelda ever being overshadowed by any new IP release.

I don't see it. In the graphics department of course. But I think zelda will have better gaming mechanics and better design overall.

When I see Horizon, I see shadow of mordor X the witcher 3, not bad at all, an amazing mix. But, zelda's gameplay design x skyrim sounds like a better experience, we are talking about a lot of puzzles and a lot of items with different mechanics that can open a lot of possibilities, and horizon will have the normal western rpg formula of go there and do that to continue to the next quest.

Again, not bad, but the horizon experience is not a new experience for the genre, while the zelda experience is different for the typical western open world genre. Zelda is not doing something revolutionary or new as far as I can see, but because we never had a game that mix the western rpg genre with the zelda formula.

The story? hmmm we will see about that, zelda has a richer lore and universe but maybe horizon surprises with an amazing narrative.

Both are going to have great sales, hopefully playstation fans support this one!

I'm sure Horizon will do fine, Sony's promoting it heavily but Legend of Zelda has such a lengthy and significant history so I think Legend of Zelda will do well too.

onionberry said:
I don't see it. In the graphics department of course. But I think zelda will have better gaming mechanics and better design overall.

When I see Horizon, I see shadow of mordor X the witcher 3, not bad at all, an amazing mix. But, zelda's gameplay design x skyrim sounds like a better experience, we are talking about a lot of puzzles and a lot of items with different mechanics that can open a lot of possibilities, and horizon will have the normal western rpg formula of go there and do that to continue to the next quest.

Again, not bad, but the horizon experience is not a new experience for the genre, while the zelda experience is different for the typical western open world genre. Zelda is not doing something revolutionary or new as far as I can see, but because we never had a game that mix the western rpg genre with the zelda formula.

The story? hmmm we will see about that, zelda has a richer lore and universe but maybe horizon surprises with an amazing narrative.

So what you're saying is that even if it ends up doing exactly the same as any other western open world game, because it's new for the Zelda franchise, it gets a pass?

Around the Network
Hynad said:
onionberry said:

So what you're saying is that even if it does exactly the same as any other western open world game, because it's new for the Zelda franchise, it gets a pass?

No no... I'm saying that zelda is not doing something new as far as I can see, but it's NEW because this is the first western open world game with the zelda formula. That opens a lot of possibilities for the genre.

onionberry said:
Hynad said:

So what you're saying is that even if it does exactly the same as any other western open world game, because it's new for the Zelda franchise, it gets a pass?

No no... I'm saying that zelda is not doing something new as far as I can see, but it's NEW because this is the first western open world game with the zelda formula. That opens a lot of possibilities for the genre.

It's not the first. The Fable series and especially Darksiders 2 are a lot similar to Zelda in many respects. 

I hope it does. New IPs should get more attention imo.

I will be playing both, Horizon is a new IP it has to prove itselft(My main concern is the story could be bad :( ) but I hope both do well!

Hynad said:
onionberry said:

It's not the first. The Fable series and especially Darksiders 2 are a lot similar to Zelda in many respects. 

Those games are as open as twilight princess. First, fable doesn't have  a lot of puzzles elements or items and the gameplay and movements are clunky as hell, plus you need to do stuff in order. Second, Darksiders is a perfect homage to the OLD zelda formula, you have to do stuff in a certain order and the world is not open, just like old zelda, you need to to play the game linear, fun dungeons tho. Plus those games are not seamless, just sections like twilight princess. Really, breath of the wild is the first. Mention another OPEN world game with the zelda formula, we don't have that.