By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Nintendo switch is too expensive"

barneystinson69 said:

Yes, I did. It is using Nvidia tech, and their current gen shield is definently within striking distance of the XB1 (a bit over 1Tflop). The Switch is less than half of that.

There is more to performance than flops.
If you are thinking a 1 Teraflop Tegra is within "striking distance" to a 1.3 Teraflop Xbox chip then you ignore the Overall CPU performance, Geometry Performance, RAM capacity, Memory Bandwidth, Compression technologies, Integer performance, FP16 and FP 64 performance, storage transfer rates and latency and so much more.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
MDMAlliance said:

Okay, I could be wrong about this, but one of the joy-con parts has a d-pad I thought.  One has face buttons and the other the d-pad.  Unless that's not how it works?  I mean, unless you're talking about playing virtual console games with only one joy-con thingy.

edit: 

That's a d-pad on the left, right?

That isn't a d-pad. That is 4 buttons in each direction. It would be impossible to play a fighting game like street fighter on that.

ummmm im pretty sure PS controllers are the same way, 4 buttons in each direction.

Also, impossible to play a fighting game like Street Fighter? That must be why Street Fighter is coming to Switch, right?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Let see what the market dictate but me personally, $300 is too much for something that will be casually use by me.

onionberry said:
Hynad said:

You made this thread because you have a problem with some people's opinion. So... shouldn't you follow your own advice and stop visiting this forum?

no, because I'm debating, I'm not saying you should stop posting, see the difference?

Whats the point of debating, is not like everyone will agree with u nor the other way around, it seems like i am seing the same dreams againt and againt of people try to win debate, while even if they win that's not because they are winning people hearth  but mostly because they good at debating and creating another conflict, you are not looking for answer, you are looking for conflict.  

HollyGamer said:
onionberry said:

no, because I'm debating, I'm not saying you should stop posting, see the difference?

Whats the point of debating, is not like everyone will agree with u nor the other way around, it seems like i am seing the same dreams againt and againt of people try to win debate, while even if they win that's not because they are winning people hearth  but mostly because they good at debating and creating another conflict, you are not looking for answer, you are looking for conflict.  

forums are for debates, opinions and ideas... since the beginning of times.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

The Shield TV has the same chipset and costs $200 USD. There's no way a 6 inch 720p screen and the joycons cost $100, so the Switch is overpriced.

isnt it a customized chip based on the same one Shield TV has? Im pretty sure Nvidia didnt customize it for free.

Also Shield TV is made by Nvidia so they arent buying the chips. Nintendo has to buy them and pay for the customization.

That in addition to the screen, Joy-Cons (which are reportably pretty advanced), battery for the device, Switch has more RAM & storage, etc. these things start to add up.

I personally wish they would have gone for $250 or packed in a game at $300 but overall it doesnt seem to be a ripoff.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It is indeed not a bad price, but I think it is still a bit on the expensive side. It should have come with a game at least.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

onionberry said:
m_csquare said:

You mean like 3ds and its glasses-free 3d? Mmkay

I mean like anything that costs money to manufacture. gimmick or not, costs money.

Look.. You are a customer. As a customer, you dont give a sht abt manufacturing cost. What you care is if the product justifies the price. End of story.

onionberry said:
HollyGamer said:

forums are for debates, opinions and ideas... since the beginning of times.

Well,  are this debate about the price are necesary? Even if we know people opinion one by one, can we change their point, are u going to win the debate for the shake of your opinion is more superior then other or your logic is samrter then the rest? 

Bandorr said:
zorg1000 said:

ummmm im pretty sure PS controllers are the same way, 4 buttons in each direction.

Also, impossible to play a fighting game like Street Fighter? That must be why Street Fighter is coming to Switch, right?

Like the pro controller.. that has a d-pad. I honestly look forward to trying to watching people play street fighter using the joy cons.

I bet someone is going to stream that.. I will watch it.

As for the rest - go read through the thread. You will see the difference between d-pads and 4 buttons that have no connection.

do we know that the 4 direction buttons arent connected? honestly curious because i havent heard that mentioned before.

Im sure Street Fighter will play fine with a Joy-Con, i have never understood why people think a D-pad is the only way to play a fighting game. You can use the control stick