By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Real Talk, Can ARMS become the The Next Big Thing for Nintendo? Both Casual and Competitive (Like SSB/Splatoon Big?)

Alkibiádēs said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Because it's Nintendo is exactly it actually, they generally always show the most important thing first, being the core gameplay. It's actually MK8 that's the only recent instance of the core gameplay changing significantly from reveal to release. Otherwise, Splatoon, 3D World, Smash, etc. played pretty much no differently from reveal to final product, and I definitely expect that to be the case for a game releasing in just 3 months. Zelda is the exception as they didn't show gameplay on it's reveal. It's because I know this is what Nintendo does that I wasn't among those doubting 3D World and Splatoon. The gameplay in Arms isn't bad by any means but I don't think it'll be enough to outweigh the motion control stigma, it's niche genre, and possible lack of content.

Splatoon had one multi-player map, one weapon and no single-player campaign when it got announced. And Arms releases in Spring 2017 which could mean May or June (5-6 months). It will most likely be May as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe releases in April. 

The Nintendo rep said he had played this game for months already which means that the demo isn't exactly the latest build of the game either... 

Fine I'll rephrase, 3-4 months (June is summer). My points still remain the same.

Also you might want to rewatch the Splatoon reveal trailer as it definitely showed more content than that and was a pretty accurate representation of the core gameplay for a game that wouldn't release for another year.

Around the Network

Splatoon is a Shooter Game
Arms is a Fighting game

Shooter > Fighting is what seems to be the trend these days.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't see this becoming an eSport

Could be popular, but I have doubts it will reach Splatoon levels

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I think this game looks like a lot of fun, I'm probably going to buy it sooner or later. It is said that it has a lot of depth that wasn't shown and is going to be revealed in the next weeks. If it has a good balance between being easy to learn yet hard to master, like the typcial Nintendo game, then I can see this doing extremely well within the casuals, the cores and esports as well. I hope it sells well.

It has potential to be a good new ip, it definitely didn't give the best first impression so I hope nintendo does a good job promoting it in the future.

Around the Network

I really really want to play ARMS TBH, shit just looks fun.

I mean we went from this:

to this:

and to finally this:

We've come a long way.

Lol no, its à mini game very limiteda

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

The game is basically Virtual On from SEGA so yes.

VO is a Twin stick fighting series and Arms is a twin stick fighting game. Both Arena fighters that you have to aim as a shooter for long range attacks. You can do close range but most the game is not.  Arms is a stripped down version and looks very good.

The characters aren't really iconic enough to achieve widespread appeal.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

one of the best parts of the Switch presentation, looks and plays amazing to me, motion controls are back and better baby :)

it's definitely got the potential to be a hit

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^