By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Borderlands 3 not likely on switch

I hope to see it soon on PS4

Around the Network

Not all that surprising, but also not a major loss for Nintendo.

The fanbase for these titles is firmly sat where it is right now. Would be nice to join in and grab a slice of that cake, but it's not a necessity for either Nintendo or 2K.

Randy cleared this up in a recent interview -

http://www.glixel.com/interviews/randy-pitchford-on-switch-overwatch-and-being-fearless-w462836

There's more but here's the important part -

Somebody asked me, "Hey, is there any chance of Borderlands coming to the Switch?" and I said "Probably not." I don't remember my exact words, but [I said] we were talking to them, but I think they have other priorities. And it's not a slight, they've got to drive their business. Nintendo tends to be at their best when they're giving us their best experiences with their properties. I think there might be some scenarios where if the Switch becomes a place where there's a huge number of customers, and it doesn't compromise the experience that we're making – there could be a scenario where us or Take-Two and 2K decide to take the effort to make it happen. But we can't really think about that right now. And Nintendo, I think wisely, can't prioritize forcing that to happen. I think they're better off. What it would take for them to guarantee that we exist on the Switch would be better spent by them doing the things they're best at. It wasn't meant as a slight, it's just the reality of priorities.

Chrizum said:
This doesn't surprise me.

Nintendo isn't interested in Borderlands 3. They are also not interested in any other third party games that they feel is competition for their own games. Nintendo is not about creating a diverse ecosystem on their platforms, they are about creating an ecosystem where their own games can flourish.

Anyone thinking Nintendo will ever care about third parties at this point is delusional.

It's not like nintendo's most successful platforms has tremendous 3rd party support /s

What did they call that pokemon killer game? Yokai something? There's no way nintendo would support that game.

Ace attorney? Monster hunter? squenix rpgs? those games aint never reach 1million sales on nintendo platforms.

Sounds like a weird reason. I suppose it's possible, but it can't happen because they can't get into talks with Nintendo? Why not keep trying then, instead of just stopping there?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
SmileyAja said:
Randy cleared this up in a recent interview -

http://www.glixel.com/interviews/randy-pitchford-on-switch-overwatch-and-being-fearless-w462836

There's more but here's the important part -

Somebody asked me, "Hey, is there any chance of Borderlands coming to the Switch?" and I said "Probably not." I don't remember my exact words, but [I said] we were talking to them, but I think they have other priorities. And it's not a slight, they've got to drive their business. Nintendo tends to be at their best when they're giving us their best experiences with their properties. I think there might be some scenarios where if the Switch becomes a place where there's a huge number of customers, and it doesn't compromise the experience that we're making – there could be a scenario where us or Take-Two and 2K decide to take the effort to make it happen. But we can't really think about that right now. And Nintendo, I think wisely, can't prioritize forcing that to happen. I think they're better off. What it would take for them to guarantee that we exist on the Switch would be better spent by them doing the things they're best at. It wasn't meant as a slight, it's just the reality of priorities.

Essentially, "we'll be there only if the Switch is successful and Nintendo makes us feel wanted".  I personally don't mind if Borderlands never comes and hold no ill will towards them but if they ever decide to push a lazy, late port on the Switch, I doubt it will have any meaningful success.