By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Borderlands 3 not likely on switch

HollyGamer said:
I think it will come to Switch, but they need to cut every graphic here and there, and will make the game look like borderland 2 on 7th gen.

By all leaks, the Switch is way more powerful than 7th gen.

Around the Network
rjason12 said:
HollyGamer said:
I think it will come to Switch, but they need to cut every graphic here and there, and will make the game look like borderland 2 on 7th gen.

Well it's still 7th gen games maybe a little bit better.  8th gen graphic will be imposible to run on mobile. Just look how Dragon Qust Heroes on Switch.

This is really bad

Borderlands 2 is a 10M+ seller,that sold quite well on VITA too

HollyGamer said:
rjason12 said:

Well it's still 7th gen games maybe a little bit better.  8th gen graphic will be imposible to run on mobile. Just look how Dragon Qust Heroes on Switch.

Are you talking about comparison pics? Because the one comparison that was floating around wasn't even the same image.

rjason12 said:
HollyGamer said:

Are you talking about comparison pics? Because the one comparison that was floating around wasn't even the same image.

Well , even Zelda it self still an 7th gen games, it looks slightly better then Wii U because Zelda on Wii u is from a previous build from 6th month's ago. Even the Skyrim that run on Switch is not the remaster. Even if it's remaster, not in chance it will be on par on 8th gen spec. i don't want to derail the thread and tlaking about the spec, we can talk about the spec on separate thread, and i don't want to begin with, Digital foundry  already explained well on their video how the Switch will end up, and they have a good reputation on it. 

Around the Network

It's hard to be optimistic for Nintendo's future when news like this comes out. Not saying Borderlands is the be all end all or anything but it does paint a picture of where Nintendo's head is at.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

Wait, so, I'm not into Borderlands neither do I know the developer's status, what could have happened to prevent a Switch port to happen ? did they ask for a Dev Kit and Nintendo didn't give them one ? or were they expecting Nintendo to fund the game ?

HollyGamer said:
rjason12 said:

Well , even Zelda it self still an 7th gen games, it looks slightly better then Wii U because Zelda on Wii u is from a previous build from 6th month's ago. Even the Skyrim that run on Switch is not the remaster. Even if it's remaster, not in chance it will be on par on 8th gen spec. i don't want to derail the thread and tlaking about the spec, we can talk about the spec on separate thread, and i don't want to begin with, Digital foundry  already explained well on their video how the Switch will end up, and they have a good reputation on it. 

Wii U was 8th gen, therefore Zelda was 8th gen. Power doesn't dictate generation. 

thevideogameninja said:
It's hard to be optimistic for Nintendo's future when news like this comes out. Not saying Borderlands is the be all end all or anything but it does paint a picture of where Nintendo's head is at.

I posted this, then I posted the La noire remaster rumor. Bad news, then good news lol.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
"We were talking to Nintendo, but that stopped for some reason. They have other priorities."

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Proceeds to slam head on desk repeatedly*

This is really my only concern from that article... 3rd Parties have been saying for decades now that Nintendo practically just disappears at times and becomes impossible to reach, and everything we've heard to this point is that they've improved drastically on that front.

It's concerning to hear this still happens... if you're not interested, say "we're not interested". It's just so shockingly unprofessional for a giant Corp that's been the most consistent presence in the industry for thirty years. How is this still happening? That sort of frustrating disconnect for 3rd party devs is a much bigger deal than missing out on the game itself.