By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest Heroes PS4,PS3,PSV vs. Switch

Well any issues they have with it they need to fix up quickly cause it's about time Nintendo fans got some decent third party ports and no more of this cheap crap devs have been shoveling them.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Well any issues they have with it they need to fix up quickly cause it's about time Nintendo fans got some decent third party ports and no more of this cheap crap devs have been shoveling them.

Maybe it just can't be done?

I mean it's not like this is EA, SquareEnix always give amazing support to Nintendo, hell they get almost every Dragon Quest game too.

Aerys said:
It seems thé framerate is awful, not éven on par with Vita " framerate Made me want to throw my pad against thé wall " , seems really Bad

http://www.gamergen.com/tests/exclu-preview-dragon-quest-heroes-et-ii-avons-joue-switch-279694-1

I préfèr to not imagine what Dragon Quest XI PS4, being à much more ambitious game, will look liké on Switch.
Or Maybe theyll just port 3DS version Because Switch is clearly not able to handle the PS4 version in good condition

Actually i think XI won't be nearly as taxing as Heroes 1 & 2.

XI won't have 100+ enemies on the screen at the same time and less particle effect too, since it's an RPG and not a musou.

twintail said:
damn... i hope DQ11 is better.

Will probbaly bé worse, its à réal next gen game

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

It looks fine to me. I'm sure it is fun as heck too. Can't wait.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
Valdath said:
Aerys said:
It seems thé framerate is awful, not éven on par with Vita " framerate Made me want to throw my pad against thé wall " , seems really Bad

http://www.gamergen.com/tests/exclu-preview-dragon-quest-heroes-et-ii-avons-joue-switch-279694-1

I préfèr to not imagine what Dragon Quest XI PS4, being à much more ambitious game, will look liké on Switch.
Or Maybe theyll just port 3DS version Because Switch is clearly not able to handle the PS4 version in good condition

XI won't have 100+ enemies on the screen at the same time and less particle effect too, since it's an RPG and not a musou.

Whaaat ? DQ XI is à réal open World, with next gen visuals everywhere ( DQ H has just some next gen effects while XI has everything next gen, like thé place with thé waterfall) , a World much richer visually than last gen open world, cities youd never see in last gen games, not éven talking about technical aspects liké draw distance, framerate and aliasing.

DQ XI Switch will probbaly bé at best liké NFS Vita was to home console versions 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Valdath said:

Whaaat ? DQ XI is à réal open World, with next gen visuals everywhere ( DQ H has just some next gen effects while XI has everything next gen, like thé place with thé waterfall) , a World much richer visually than last gen open world, cities youd never see in last gen games, not éven talking about technical aspects liké draw distance, framerate and aliasing.

DQ XI Switch will probbaly bé at best liké NFS Vita was to home console versions 

Hmmm maybe you are right, they seem to be using the same engine tho.

one thing to take into account is that DQ Heroes is a launch title on Switch, as developers get more familiar with the hardware they should be able to get better results.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I would love to see the Switch receive strong 3rd party Japanese support, but this just makes me sad.

While it could be indicative of a hardware issue (which I suspect isn't the main culprit), it could also be indicative of rushed porting, lazy porting or unfamiliarity with the architecture. I'm inclined to think it is a combination of the latter factors. Switch suspected specs should be able to handle the game. It is also true that framerate dips are common on pretty much ever iteration of Koei games in this genre.