By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest Heroes PS4,PS3,PSV vs. Switch

Given what we've already seen running on the Switch, this port looks more than a little underwhelming.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Sh1nn said:

Yea, its 157GF to be precise. 

All games will be made for portable (157GF) mode, since there won't be any dock exclusives games. Dock will be only used for native resolution/performance scale.

Except it's already a known fact that not all games are running the exact same in docked and in portable (such as the 900p resolution in Breath of the Wild).  

It may need to run in the portable mode, but it doesn't mean the docked mode will be running on the same power as the portable.  

On top of that, 157GFlops comes from user estimations based off of Digital Foundry numbers, under the assumption of a very specific chipset.  There's no confirmation on the numbers.  It COULD be true, but there's no way you know it is.

That's exactly what i said : " Dock will be only used for native resolution/performance scale."

There wont be games made from ground up only for dock. 

And DF info is 100% trustworthy and legit. 

Sh1nn said:

That's exactly what i said : " Dock will be only used for native resolution/performance scale."

I missed that part, but still I'm not entirely convinced that those are the only things that will end up being influenced (though they are kind of a big deal on their own anyway).

However, I'm not doubting Digital Foundry's information.  I am saying that they never said what the GFlops of the Switch were, and the way people are extrapolating that information is from information that doesn't exist to us right now (wasn't in the DF article).

Playing this game now on PS4 - it's definitely more fun to play than look at, but it isn't ugly hy any stretch. I just can't quite understand how the Vita version apparently runs better, considering power-wise Switch > PS3 > Vita. Only thing that makes sense to me is a hasty port.

The only thing I got from this was that the developers are worthless and can't even get the game to look or run half way decent on hardware more powerful than the Vita and PS3 lol. We've already seen games that far surpass this game on the Switch and the system isn't even out yet.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Sh1nn said:

I missed that part, but still I'm not entirely convinced that those are the only things that will end up being influenced (though they are kind of a big deal on their own anyway).

However, I'm not doubting Digital Foundry's information.  I am saying that they never said what the GFlops of the Switch were, and the way people are extrapolating that information is from information that doesn't exist to us right now (wasn't in the DF article).

it was.

DF said the leaked specs are real and recent:

Thought by many to be out of date or fake, we can confirm that Nintendo has briefed developers recently with the same information.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

• GPU: 256 CUDA cores, maximum 1GHz
Now we know numbers of cuda cores and gpu clock, so we can get flops numbers.
157gf portable, 393gf docked

I'm not one who cares too much about graphics (as a matter of fact, I find the low polygon count on the architecture somewhat nostalgic) but this doesn't look very good on any of these platforms. The PS4 is far more capable than this, I'm sure.

monocle_layton said:

I'm not a graphics whore. I simply believe they rushed the game, especially for the Switch version.

You don't need master graphics. I simply thought they could've done a bit more with the visuals. I'll wait for the gameplay before fully judging the game. After all, one of my favorite games looks horrible  compared to this(super mario 64)

that kinda clashes with your initial statement:

monocle_layton said:
The game looks terrible for Switch AND PS4...

If anything, this is a lazily made game. How could they allow such a mess to release on two consoles?

as for it's gameplay qualities, the first DQ Heroes sits at 77 metacritic, which makes it one of the best rated Musou-style titles, ahead of the much beloved Hyrule Warriors

Vita still the most powerful handheld confirmed!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Sh1nn said:
MDMAlliance said:

it was.

DF said the leaked specs are real and recent:

Thought by many to be out of date or fake, we can confirm that Nintendo has briefed developers recently with the same information.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

• GPU: 256 CUDA cores, maximum 1GHz
Now we know numbers of cuda cores and gpu clock, so we can get flops numbers.
157gf portable, 393gf docked

I guess I missed that part, but I don't think that we really know the full story for the Switch quite yet.  

If I'm not mistaken, FLOPs aren't an exact measurement of performance (though is the best we can probably get right now as a single number)