By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where are the missing partners?

What will Level 5 offer for Switch?

Yokai Watch 4 25.00%

Professor Layton 3 18.75%

Inazuma Eleven 1 6.25%

Ni no kuni 2 12.50%

Fantasy life 0 0%

Guild game collection 0 0%

new IP 0 0%

something else 1 6.25%

multiple of above 5 31.25%

see results 0 0%

Total:16

In the reveal of the Switch nintendo named some partners. This image:

Many of these are accounted for, but for some I'm missing announcements: 505 games, Codemasters, From Software, GungHo, Level 5. Marvelous, Platinum, Spike Chunsoft, THQ Nordic. Did I miss some games or are we still awaiting announcements from these devs? Also to notice: DeNA is named too. Does this mean we can expect Mobage on Switch?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

DeNa is a direct partner, not necessarily a developer. Most not seen are probably not ready to reveal it or just started development. Even Atlus only showed a cinematic trailer because they only just started

I think we're holding the Switch launch in terms of software to a very high standard that is really impossible. It's a miracle we got a Zelda at launch even though it's a Wii U port. Game launches always usually suck. It isn't until E3 that we get a good idea of what to expect.

With 2 million devices available at launch, i'd imagine most of them are going for Zelda. It's basically suicide for any other huge game to run with Zelda at launch. So that's how I see it now. For launch, less is more. After that, post E3, is when you should worry.

I'm wondering more where Nintendos internal Studios are.

They said 80 games are in development, we currently know of 65, there are 15 games we don't know about. Perhaps they'll develop for it later on or are already working behind the scenes.

DeNa are there for online services not games I believe, just like Autodesk won't be releasing games but they have 3D modelling software that could be used for the Switch, and maybe a drawing app down the road (though there isn't an included stylus).

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:
DeNa is a direct partner, not necessarily a developer. Most not seen are probably not ready to reveal it or just started development. Even Atlus only showed a cinematic trailer because they only just started

Yeah, DeNA is a technical partner, but what DeNA does is the Mobage-platform, which is a platform for mobile games, some of them popular in Asia. So porting Mobage to Switch would provide a platform for mobile devs to easily release games on thne Switch. It would be great. Or what else could the mention of DeNA mean?

So you think all these other studios are still in early development? Man, I'm pretty interested what From Software plans for Switch. Level 5 might bring Yokai Watch. Platinum could also be very interesting.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Yeah, DeNA is a technical partner, but what DeNA does is the Mobage-platform, which is a platform for mobile games, some of them popular in Asia. So porting Mobage to Switch would provide a platform for mobile devs to easily release games on thne Switch. It would be great. Or what else could the mention of DeNA mean?

DeNa may bring games, but more than likely they are just technical partner like Unity.

Nintendo clearly said they have over 80 titles in development and "we are going to show a few of those today"
People need to stop thinking that switch is not going to get more announcements, I get it we want more content from Nintendo and third parties but right now I think that Nintendo wants to hype the launch with zelda and wait until later this year to keep announcing games.

Maybe too early to show anything from them? Geez, give 'em time, the console hasnt even launched yet.

I heard an early rumor saying level 5 is working on Nintendo Switch games