By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo games: no longer a value in forum dweller eyes

The goalposts for judging a console are:

Visual art, music, story,... 67 33.84%

Visual art, music, story,... 41 20.71%

Cutting-edge graphical power 23 11.62%

Just gameplay 38 19.19%

Just visual art, music & story 6 3.03%

Other 23 11.62%

Total:198

Nintendo games are still highly valuable to me, but it is extreamly hard to justify paying for devices, specifically for their games.

When I buy a PS Console or Handheld, it is coming with near industry leading graphics, industry leading 3rd party support, the ability to connect with firends/family via PSN, Local and streaming Music, Photo, and Video Services, a highly functional web browser, built in calander and email apps, and much more.

I expect all of that stuff when I buy a console/handheld/phone/laptop/etc. So when Nintendo comes in at nearly the same price for tech that is 6 - 10 years old, dosent't offer sevices that can be used across multiple devices, and offer almost no non Nintedo support it is very hard to justify.

Ultimatly I would love for Nintendo software to be available on more versitle platforms. It would be a major boost in value if Nintendo games were available on PS and Xbox Consoles and Handhelds/Phones. However, for now Nintendo is continuing the require people to buy their specific box for their titles.

Really, for those that have a hard time seeing why so many people have issue with Nintendo hardware. Ask youself, would you buy an Xbox if it only had MS software? Would you buy a PlayStation if it only had Sony software? Would you buy a Take Two console if it only had Rockstar and 2K games? How about an EA only console?

If the entire industry was asking you to buy a specific console to play their games, how many would you buy? Would you really own boxes Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, EA, Activision, Take Two, Ubisoft, Capcom, Konami, and Square-Enix?

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
RolStoppable said:
Good analysis, padib.

But you have to remember that people are scared because Nintendo is stronger now than they were with Wii U and 3DS. They have to take preemptive measures to discount Nintendo, because Nintendo has been gaining a lot of ground in public mindshare lately.

This is completely nonsensical. People aren't scared of Nintendo. They're laughing at them because the Switch is even worse than many of the nay-sayers thought. They're laughing because many of Nintendo's biggest fans on this site aren't even buying one. They're laughing because many of those that are still buying it have changed their tune from "this thing is going to be super powerful and get all of the third party games, and it's going to get all of 3DS's franchises, and it's going to be amazing on the go" to "we don't ned third parties, Nintendo games sell Nintendo consoles! Those 3DS franchises are t-totally coming guys, I swear! Those little controllers are totally worth $50 a piece! 3 hour advertised battery life is totally great! You can take your Switch on the toilet while you poop! PS4 can't do that!"

It's hilarious and sad.

BeatdownBrigade said:
I cannot believe we are still at the point people still push the narrative that Nintendo is somehow so superior in 1st party offering its of value over the competition. Maybe personally to you, and that's fine. And its not like their games are bad, they are great for the most part. But this idea they are superior to someone like Sony at this point is laughable. Hell if you are just looking in the last decade Sony has way more 75+ rated exclusives on Metacritic as Nintendo, and almost as many as Nintendo and Microsoft combined. And they do that while still carrying the top third-party offerings people want. This is the area that Nintendo seems to struggle to grasp. More people buy an annual Call of Duty game in its first day on sale, or in its first weekend of sale, than what most Nintendo games do all-time.

Hell Uncharted 4 in 7 months sold 8.8 million copies, more than any Zelda has ever sold in years on the market. Smash, 3D Mario, and Mario Kart sell really well. Outside of that the market has spoken pretty clearly there are so many newer franchises that gamers care more about than Nintendo franchises in today's world.

PS4 has left 3 years of gaming behind, built a huge library by now, games are cheap, console has bundles. But the value proposition is clearly in the favor of Switch though.

You guys make too much sense.

Nintendo games are so valuable and the best the insdustry has to offer, that they even have their own genre. How many time have we heard "I don't like Nintendo games"?

Only the best: Nintendo.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Also, Pokemon is coming. That alone will be a winner

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Sales don't seem to back up your claims at all. Lets look at sales of Sony vs Nintendo in times they are actively competing.

Playstation: 105 million
N64: 33 million

Playstation 2: 158 million
Gamecube: 22 million

Playstation 3: 87 million
Wii: 101 million

Playstation 4: 50 million
Wii U: 14 million

Before the recent generations where they don't focus on power, the N64 and gamecube used to be as powerful if not more powerful than competition on the market and as such would receive just as much third party support. So even when they had third party support to go along with 1st party support they lost in sales. And as you see without any third party support like the Wii U they lose hard. So I still find it laughable people claim Nintendo's 1st party is so much superior and desirable when Sony has outsold them easily in almost every generation.

Around the Network

Everyone buys a console for the games

Unless you get it for Netflix or something like that

but everyone has their own tastes so the same could be said about PS4 for their library

It's just a matter of opinions which there isn't a right answer to see which is more valuable

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Console now has artstyle, story, and music?

Slarvax said:

No. Switch has the price of a PS4, yet the PS4 comes with a game, way over 10 times the memory, and is still much more powerful. 

When DS launched in late 2004, it had the price of a PS2, PS2 had a huge catalog of games, PS2 was way more powerful, PS2 had better multimedia functions and online service.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

potato_hamster said:
RolStoppable said:

I take it, the conclusion at the end of your post is a review of your own post.

Nope, it'a actually a comment on your belief that you might actually become a moderator on this site someday.

Damn

For point #2, until the products are released, isnt that merely just your assumption? Someone should link the image of all 3rd party game developers and tell us how many of those developers actually release a game for switch.