By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo games: no longer a value in forum dweller eyes

The goalposts for judging a console are:

Visual art, music, story,... 67 33.84%

Visual art, music, story,... 41 20.71%

Cutting-edge graphical power 23 11.62%

Just gameplay 38 19.19%

Just visual art, music & story 6 3.03%

Other 23 11.62%

Total:198

If it was $250, I would be all over it. At $300, gonna wait on a bundle.

Around the Network

Well On Nintendo Consoles you get Nintendo games and Japanese games,on PS4 you get Sony Games/Japanese/Western Games/ton of more indies then on Nintendo and they are after few months cheaper (Last guardian comes to mind after 3 weeks it was 29,99)

And yes Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and other titles like Smt and other few amazing titles.

And yes i agree
Gameplay>Art>Story>Graphics always is and always will be.

pokoko said:
I'm not really sure how you can tell someone else how much they should value a product.

For instance, there is ONE game in Nintendo's announced launch window that I would buy. That would be a terrible value for me, especially considering it would be $450 with a Pro controller + game.

I'll re-evaluate when it has more games I want to play.

And this is exactly how it should be. Why complain about the day 1 offerings (while the full line up hasn't been revealed), when you could just WAIT? The industry works in a predictable way, wait a year and you'll definitely consider a newly launched system as more appealing.

Why not just wait for other games to be announced/released, bundles, third party accessories, etc? No one is forcing anyone to buy the system and all it's accessories on day one. 

Sorry Padib, I already made a well thought analysis on the Switch launch lineup and concluded Nintendo should RIP in peace.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

WiiU made it clear for me that nintendo's games alone are not enough to make a console worth it for me. So yeah, a new Zelda, a buch of Mario games, a couple other cool franchises, its all good and well, but without the added 3rd party games-that every other console gets- the library is not complete enough for me.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Yeah but the PS4 has Sony games so what is your point?

The 3DS launched at 250$ and even that was overpriced to many hence why they doped the price very early.
If this is a handheld and console hybrid why is it priced like a current gen console? Thats the main issue for many people. 

The point is that I like Nintendo games alot and generally don't love Sony games.  I also like motion controls alot, and I like portables.  So regardless of the graphics, I find the Switch a far better value proposition than the PS4.

Kuksenkov said:
pokoko said:
I'm not really sure how you can tell someone else how much they should value a product.

For instance, there is ONE game in Nintendo's announced launch window that I would buy. That would be a terrible value for me, especially considering it would be $450 with a Pro controller + game.

I'll re-evaluate when it has more games I want to play.

And this is exactly how it should be. Why complain about the day 1 offerings (while the full line up hasn't been revealed), when you could just WAIT? The industry works in a predictable way, wait a year and you'll definitely consider a newly launched system as more appealing.

Why not just wait for other games to be announced/released, bundles, third party accessories, etc? No one is forcing anyone to buy the system and all it's accessories on day one. 

Of course it is.  It shouldn't need to be said.  The only reason I'm saying it now is that the OP is telling me how I should assign value.  He doesn't get to decide that for anyone but himself.

It has a new Zelda. Which is portable. I'm sold

Sony has games that wont likely see release on a Ninty system. GTA, Red Dead, Fallout, Metal Gear, Doom, Resident Evil, Final Fantay main series not some spin off. And thats without their own titles. Its not goalposts if someone is seeing value in that over Ninty titles and C-B level Japanese support. 3ds and Wii u have proven that most gamers are NOT willing to spend so much money on HW to play Ninty games, you might think its worth it but there is so many more people who dont. Nothing wrong with that.

pokoko said:
Kuksenkov said:

Of course it is.  It shouldn't need to be said.  The only reason I'm saying it now is that the OP is telling me how I should assign value.  He doesn't get to decide that for anyone but himself.

This, lot of bitterness in the thread, if you like what you see and someone else doenst, whats the issue. People arent hating to hate they have legitmate concerns.