By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Switch and the main reasons it will be a flop W.I.P.

Tag for the inevitable necroposting on the 14th.

Around the Network

Threads like this make be wish I didn't skip almost all NX/Switch pre-launch threads.

I love these blasts from the past. How wrong we were! (Although I admit I had my own doubts after the January presentation)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Confucius say, "When Hot Take too spicy, spew verbal diarrhea".

Tons of prophets here lmao!

Around the Network

Been a year since the January event. Look at us now.

I had my doubts until the unveiling and then first commercial. I usually have a keen eye for good marketing and when I saw how they were presenting it, I knew it had a fighting chance.

arcaneguyver said:
I'm still stupified by this. They're replacing an overpriced console with a different overpriced console, with a lot of the same games. I don't see how this will appeal to those who passed on the WiiU.

Almost 1 year later and I'm responding to this post. The same thing was said about Wii. Oh, I also love to watch people eat crow about Nintendoom.

SegataSanshiro said:
arcaneguyver said:
I'm still stupified by this. They're replacing an overpriced console with a different overpriced console, with a lot of the same games. I don't see how this will appeal to those who passed on the WiiU.

Almost 1 year later and I'm responding to this post. The same thing was said about Wii. Oh, I also love to watch people eat crow about Nintendoom.

Do people not understand why the Wii U failed?

cosmic_drift said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Do people not understand why the Wii U failed?

Poor communication with consumers that it was a new console. Bad name. Poor marketing. Not attractive hardware for 3rd parties making for poor 3rd party support. Clumsy gimmick. Bad API. Red ocean console. Keeping the Wii brand when the audience for Wii had moved on by then. Expensive dev kits. Nintendo having a distant relationship with 3rd parties. Didn't promote 3rd party games much at all.

Switch fixed every single issue listed above.