By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Any1 Else Think LoZ BotW Will Become this Gen's SMG/TLoU? (Or the best LoZ/Nintendo GOAT?)

Volterra_90 said:
GotG for me probably. I'm a huge Zelda fan so I can't really think of anything that could give Zelda some fight. But let's see what happens.

Horizon looks promising for a new IP and shares some similarities to this new Zelda game, although I doubt it will be as highly praised as this Zelda game will be, it has a lot more room for error. The Witcher 3 is also fantastic and as someone commented on the Zelda trailer, "Breath of the wild looks like the Witcher 3 for kids." That is obviously a jab at Zelda but the two games share a similar theme(?) or setting-ish. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Teriol said:
Horizon vs Zelda.... we all know how that ends.

Honestly Gueriulla Games has a mediocre tack record. They over hype and under deliever. I feel Horizon will sell on hype but be just another AAA game that get's decent reviews but in 5 years Zelda will be still remembered.

Areym said:
Volterra_90 said:
GotG for me probably. I'm a huge Zelda fan so I can't really think of anything that could give Zelda some fight. But let's see what happens.

Horizon looks promising for a new IP and shares some similarities to this new Zelda game, although I doubt it will be as highly praised as this Zelda game will be, it has a lot more room for error. The Witcher 3 is also fantastic and as someone commented on the Zelda trailer, "Breath of the wild looks like the Witcher 3 for kids." That is obviously a jab at Zelda but the two games share a similar theme(?) or setting-ish. 

I definitely have an interest in Horizon, I'll probably buy it when I beat Zelda. It's just that I trust more Nintendo to make a great Zelda, Guerrilla still has to prove they can make a good adventure game. But it could definitely be great. And I'm not really a fan of TW3. World building, narrative and characters are great, but gameplay, on the other hand, is a bit boring imo.

Volterra_90 said:
Areym said:

I definitely have an interest in Horizon, I'll probably buy it when I beat Zelda. It's just that I trust more Nintendo to make a great Zelda, Guerrilla still has to prove they can make a good adventure game. But it could definitely be great. And I'm not really a fan of TW3. World building, narrative and characters are great, but gameplay, on the other hand, is a bit boring imo.

That's a valid point, Nintendo has taken great care of the Zelda franchise and GG has proven themselves capable but this is a new thing for them, lots of room for error. The combat on TW3 could be better but the world building and narrative certainly do carry it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

SegataSanshiro said:
Teriol said:
Horizon vs Zelda.... we all know how that ends.

Honestly Gueriulla Games has a mediocre tack record. They over hype and under deliever. I feel Horizon will sell on hype but be just another AAA game that get's decent reviews but in 5 years Zelda will be still remembered.

Zelda is gonna destroy it in reviews, metacritic an everything, the only think that it can win and it is only for the 50 million ps4  on people hands is number of sales.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
Areym said:
Volterra_90 said:

That's a valid point, Nintendo has taken great care of the Zelda franchise and GG has proven themselves capable but this is a new thing for them, lots of room for error. The combat on TW3 could be better but the world building and narrative certainly do carry it.

Let's hope Horizon turns out to be a good game, I can't deny it looks great. I have to take care of both Switch/PS4, Horizon will probably be my next purchase aftee Zelda. And I totally agree on TW3. I don't think it's by any means a bad game. I've finished all the DLCs and side quests after all XD. But it could do with a better combat, it was boring at times.

I think it will be an all time great like OoT, LttP, Shenmue etc

Volterra_90 said:
Areym said:

Let's hope Horizon turns out to be a good game, I can't deny it looks great. I have to take care of both Switch/PS4, Horizon will probably be my next purchase aftee Zelda. And I totally agree on TW3. I don't think it's by any means a bad game. I've finished all the DLCs and side quests after all XD. But it could do with a better combat, it was boring at times.

Yep, That's why I stop playing after 25 hours of so (which is not bad btw) I just don't like the combat and I felt like it was too restrained for an open world, but sure is great in other aspects like the writting, the graphics and the quality of the sidequests.

Areym said:
Volterra_90 said:

I've been thinking since E3 that BoW will probably be "Open-world Lite."  It's going to borrow elements but my guess is that they'll be somewhat superficial.  The more options you allow, the harder it is to control and balance the way the game plays out.  You give two people Skyrim, for example, and after 20 hours of game-play they can be at very different stages and levels based on what skills they focused on.  One might struggle to the point of frustration because they spread their points out too much, while the other person might have focused on bows and thinks the game it too easy.  It can make for an uneven experience.  Personally, I love that freedom but I think Nintendo likes to direct the experience much more closely.

pokoko said:
Areym said:

I've been thinking since E3 that BoW will probably be "Open-world Lite."  It's going to borrow elements but my guess is that they'll be somewhat superficial.  The more options you allow, the harder it is to control and balance the way the game plays out.  You give two people Skyrim, for example, and after 20 hours of game-play they can be at very different stages and levels based on what skills they focused on.  One might struggle to the point of frustration because they spread their points out too much, while the other person might have focused on bows and thinks the game it too easy.  It can make for an uneven experience.  Personally, I love that freedom but I think Nintendo likes to direct the experience much more closely.

An Open World does not need to be an RPG, you are describing a rpg system of progression but Zelda is an action adventure not based on levels, of course it will have a lite or more superficial version of the rpg elements, it isnt one.