By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Any1 Else Think LoZ BotW Will Become this Gen's SMG/TLoU? (Or the best LoZ/Nintendo GOAT?)

Hiku said:
tbone51 said:

Does Any1 Else Think LoZ BotW Will Become this Gen's SMG/TLoU? (Or the best LoZ/Nintendo GOAT?

What's SMG? You mean MGS?

And it has potential for all those things, but there's nothing in particular about the game that has me excited for some reason.
I either can't remember the feeling of "Zelda magic", or perhaps the last Zelda game I played (A Link Between Worlds) didn't have much of that. Although I did like that game a lot, and I'm sure I did feel the magic of the nostalgia while playing it.

Pretty sure he is talking about Super Mario Galaxy.

To answer the OP i dont know... game looks great for sure though.

Around the Network

Woah woah, let's wait for the game to come out 1st before making claims like that, to all of them.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Teriol said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Honestly Gueriulla Games has a mediocre tack record. They over hype and under deliever. I feel Horizon will sell on hype but be just another AAA game that get's decent reviews but in 5 years Zelda will be still remembered.

Zelda is gonna destroy it in reviews, metacritic an everything, the only think that it can win and it is only for the 50 million ps4  on people hands is number of sales.

And sales are the only thing that reallyu matters in the end...just look at the GTA games. GTAV has sold more than every single Zelda game ever made COMBINED lol.

Absolutely will be GotY, maybe even game of this gen. It looks better than literally every other game coming out imo.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

What made TLOU, TLOU?

For the time the graphics were great for consoles. But that wasn't it. But BoTW is going to be pretty basic on graphics compared to current gen consoles.

The gameplay was not something new and different. It was basically UC gameplay but with survival/horror amounts of ammo and weapon choices.

The genre setting (post apocalyptic, zombies with a twist) is pretty familiar.

The story - one of the better narratives in video games.

The characters, Ellie in particular - outstanding! Best acting, onscreen chemistry and player emotional connection ever, IMO.

Will BoTW be a great game? Probably, though I am unlikely to ever be able to judge first hand for myself.

Will BoTW be great for the same reasons TLOU is great? Doubtful. If they make Link a troubled young adult struggling with his sexuality and / or gender identity then maybe that character element could rise to TLOU levels. But some how I seriously doubt Nintendo would put that sort of challenge in front of its fans.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix