By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is a successor to the Vita and 3ds.

NobleTeam360 said:
3DS? debatable. Vita? Hell no.

I think any Japanese devolopers still working on Vita will ahem switch over especially once a mainline pokemon drops and Vita sales and 3ds sales will plummet

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to position this as the successor to both the 3DS and the Wii U.

Sadly though, the price point simply isn't going to make it popular to the handheld crowd. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo sold a less expensive package down the line. One that doesn't include the docking station.

But at 299$ (399$ in Canada), I simply don't see the console going for their usual handheld crowd. So I expect the 3DS to remain alive for quite some time.

Everyone pretty much expects it to rock Japan tbh, it's pretty obvious it succeeds 3DS and Vita.

Pokemon Stars is already rumored to release on the switch, and with the 3ds being 6 years old, the switch will be the logical choice to succeed both console and handheld aspects of development.

More like a successor to Wii U and 3DS and not Vita and 3DS.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

More like a successor to Wii U and 3DS and not Vita and 3DS.

I don't know never played Vita, seems like a fairly powerful handheld capable off remote play, like the switch which looks like it will absolutely destroy Vita in terms of power. But I've never played a Vita so not too sure. 

Its definitely a Wii U successor. Its about to inherit its sales numbers as well. So much of the Switch is a mashup of the Wii U +  Wii. They are so obsessed with catching lightening in bottle again. This will lose them fans if they dont get their act together.

Platina said:
Imo, It's a successor to the 3DS and Wii U

Can u explain to me why basically the console with +- the same spec is a successor ? Switch is 6years later Wii U if we talk about home console gaming.

Also, "succes-or" is kinda iffy if we talk about Wii U.

Well the 3ds did great outside of Japan, all it needs is Pokémon and Animal Crossing

L_ said:
Well the 3ds did great outside of Japan, all it needs is Pokémon and Animal Crossing

3DS needed a massive price cut actually...

And the price will be Nintendos main issue, at least outside Japan.