By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Have you seen how much Nintendo first party sells their consoles? No. Microsoft is the only brand that should be third party.

I disagree; I think Xbox has an important role to play in preventing Playstation from gaining a monopoly on the dedicated console market. Monopolies tend to be bad for consumers. Plus, I personally tend to prefer Xbox to Playstation in terms of a secondary console to my Nintendo main.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
man these threads are annoying lol

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Yes, they should have gone third party since GameCube, it is so strange to me why they don’t do it.

JapaneseGamesLover said:
Yes, they should have gone third party since GameCube, it is so strange to me why they don’t do it.

Because it's more profitable making money off hardware, online services, first party software, and third party software royalties than just first party software alone.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Have you seen how much Nintendo first party sells their consoles? No. Microsoft is the only brand that should be third party.

I disagree; I think Xbox has an important role to play in preventing Playstation from gaining a monopoly on the dedicated console market. Monopolies tend to be bad for consumers. Plus, I personally tend to prefer Xbox to Playstation in terms of a secondary console to my Nintendo main.

The only companies that have won gens are Sony & Nintendo. Xbox only keeps PlayStation at bay by having equal amounts of third party. Microsoft is playing a very, very odd game right now saying console sales don't matter and yet are playing pricing games with Sony. Their words don't match their actions.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

The only company that has won a gen is Sony & Nintendo. Xbox only keeps playstation at bay by having equal amounts of third party. Microsoft is playing a very, very odd game right now saying console sales dont matter and yet are playing pricing games with Sony. Their words dont match their actions.

Still better than a Sony monopoly in my opinion; competition drives companies to improve their services. MS getting a thrashing this gen has already seen them investing more in first party studios and producing a more games-centric machine this time around. PS3 struggling against the 360 led Sony to produce a more affordable and developer friendly PS4.

Oof this did not age well

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The way this thread and especially the OP aged worse than spoiled milk

JapaneseGamesLover said:

This has to be a joke post.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Lol a couple days in here (though I have been lurking on and off for more than a year now) and I get a thread from 2017 :P

Anyways, the premise of the thread was dumb then and it is dumb now. Now, if the Switch had been an abject failure like the Wii U, sure this could be discussed but it has been the exact opposite