By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871
Barkley said:
I would love to not be forced to shell out $300 on hardware I don't want to have the privilege of spending $60 on games I do want.

So personally I would love Nintendo to go third party, because I don't like there hardware but I like there software.

My wallet will cry out in tears this holiday when I'm spending money on a product I don't really want.

Um, game consoles play games. You want the games, that means you want the hardware.

"Oh man I love all these games! Too bad I gotta buy the console to play them." lol what kind of logic is this?

Might as well have no consoles and everyone plays on a PC.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Ck1x said:

Not for nothing, but you know that people are spoiled in life when the thing that bothers them the most is being privileged to go out and spend extra money on something that is already an expensive hobby! People are starving in the world, dying of cancer and other diseases but a company must go under to meet my entitled needs simply because :) 

Sounds about right... 

What the hell?

Ok so we're not allowed to talk about the price of games / game systems on this site anymore. Where on earth did I say it "bothered me the most"

What an amazing post. "You mentioned money in relation to video games??? PEOPLE HAVE CANCER AND NO FOOD!"

Yes that sounds extreme but that's how many of you come across! Like me saying that I'm interested in Game of Thrones but I don't want to subscribe to HBO to watch the show... So now let me start the topic of hoping that HBO goes out of business as a premium content provider and just puts their stuff on Netflix, because I'm happy to pay for that.

It sounds very self centered no matter how much people want to beat the conversation to death. I could entertain having the conversation of people wanting Microsoft and Nintendo to team up as more of a logical thought than them just cutting hardware altogether.

Pyro as Bill said:
FallingTitan said:

hehe i didnt like botw lol. sold mine wiht 2 devine beats killed. hated it that much. anyways, i even have hyrule historia. im a huge zelda fan but the game is not my style. anyways, there are images of Sony making a new handheld patent for a device that looks similar to the switch.

so expect the sony switch next year!!!!!! lol

Heres a link to the SONY SWITCH

That would make me so happy. PS4 sales have peaked, mid gen upgrades and VR have flopped so they have to try something.

Sony was destroyed when they went up against Nintendo's handheld games, going up against a system with both mainline Zelda and mainline Pokemon would be suicide.

It's probably better for Sony if they stick with a regular PS5. Switch 2 is likely going to equal/surpass PS4 specs. If Sony wants their PS5 (4K-PS4) to beat a portable PS4 with Nintendo games (Switch2) they'll need to stay focussed on a single system.

i think switch 2 will be tegra 3 processor in 3 years. called Switch Pro.  with ps4 + specs

Ck1x said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

So how did you come to the conclusion of that last line? Also what is your reasoning behind the "most powerful dedicated gaming device ever created"? Are you saying that because  it is portable or maybe because it can't run Netflix or Hulu maybe? That is my first time ever seeing that statement so I was curious. Also where have the goalposts been moved to? Like what were they saying before that has now changed?

It's no different than when people asked Nintendo if they would put their mainline franchises on mobile and they said no, they would create content that draws in players to Nintendo's primary gaming platform. So how would putting all of their big games on Playstation or Xbox interest people in wanting a Switch? 

The Switch is a dedicated mobile gaming device because its primary function is to play games and it has a battery! Netflix or Hulu wouldn't change that fact at all. The PS4 is not less of a home console because it just so happens to run those apps also, it's just a home console with extra features.

I say the goalpost are moving because Nintendo has chosen not to make a dedicated home console and continues to put out apps on mobile. Now just because people aren't getting Nintendo games on their home console of choice they feel the company should now stop making hardware altogether. Why so Sony can release a handheld and Nintendo can then support that device instead of their own? 

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on topics like these but in the end it doesn't make them facts... There's a widespread mentality in the gaming community that if it doesn't run on my favorite piece of plastic then it shouldn't exist. 

Okay but NONE of that explains your last statement that because it doesn't say Sony on the box that it hurts some peoples feelings though. That's what I was asking. And you stated the Switch was the most powerful dedicated gaming device ever created. And that was my first time ever seeing that so I was curious how you came to that conclusion. But are you meaning just mobile?

Also no goalposts have been moved people have been saying that about Nin going 3rd party since long before the Switch. So nothing has changed there, me personally I am not a huge fan on Nin games outside of 2 or 3 games  so it doesn't really bother me either way if they go 3rd party or not. It just seems odd when these topics come up and a person give thier opinion and some points that people attack them instead of debating things with them.

Heck in this thread alone I have seen people talk about being hurt because they can't play  the games on their console of choice. The well tell your console of choice to make better games.  The Sony and MS only care about graphics amd don't care about gameplay and innovation narrative smh. It is odd just to attack someone fot having  a different opinion.  Heck Sony and MS seem to take WAY more chances  than Nin imo of course. MS always gets crap for pumping out the same stuff Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable. Or Sony with Uncharted/Gran Turismo/God of war but Nin can make 50 iterations of Mario, 20 Pokemon games, 10 Zelda games and it is amazing. I just don't get that. I loved Pikmin when it came out because it was something new and it felt like they were finally taking a chance to me. I don't know it is just to each his/her own based on their tastes 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

If they went third party, I fully anticipate my interest in Nintendo products would drop below that crucial threshold where I'm actually willing to pay them any money.

I don't own the competing platforms, and I'm not sure I would just because Nintendo games were available on them. It's not like I'm hurrying out to get a smart phone so I can play Pokémon Rumble/Pokémon Go/Miitomo/Fire Emblem Heroes/Super Mario RUN.

Before anyone says that these are completely different games, I am willing to argue that Nintendo's console offerings would also have to be completely different in order to be viable on competing platforms.

Around the Network
Naum said:
With the way power means everything to some people i find it funny they talk about Sony/MS consoles... they are just PC lites and more and more of the games coming to those consoles are coming to PC. so if there's anyone going out of the console buissness its Sony/MS not Nintendo.

This post doesn't work when you look at Sony's first party studios output.

Lawlight said:
Naum said:
With the way power means everything to some people i find it funny they talk about Sony/MS consoles... they are just PC lites and more and more of the games coming to those consoles are coming to PC. so if there's anyone going out of the console buissness its Sony/MS not Nintendo.

This post doesn't work when you look at Sony's first party studios output.

Oh, ho! You sound like a Nintendo supporter! ;)

(edit) Also, Naum's right: given the power of a good gaming PC, just imagine what Sony's first party devs could do if they weren't constricted by PS4's weak hardware! Sony should definitely go 3rd party.

New idea for a thread! "Can we agre Sony should go third party, now?"

The BuShA owns all!

Both Sony and Nintendo need to go 3rd party.

Let us chose the hardware(hhmmm..PC) to run them.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

There are many Xbox people lol.

Pretty clearly the era of 'magic sauce' is long over,  you have the growing shift to digital, you have Sony iterating hardware classes and Nintendo making its most  current games on low end hardware and toying with mobile market. 

May as wells open up the market completely, let your developers imagination run wild and reach more gamers by removing  the barriers. They can still produce the hardware they want, but their software development should go multiplatform.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S