By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871

But.. I like Ninten's creativeness that they keep doing in the industry. I don't want that to go ;_;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
KLXVER said:
Well that would mean the absolute death of handhelds, so I don't think so.

Handhelds are already dying, with or without Nintendo.  Smartphones and tablets are the new handhelds.

I guess that it's a good thing that the switch is a tablet based system then. :P

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Nah. Nintendo has sold 75 million consoles this gen. But it's clear this switch console needs a mainline pokemon game ASAP. I mean switch blows the 3DS away spec wise,.

If they are still in the console business, no they shouldn't

Would prefer if they stayed as a console maker though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

PenguinZ said:
thismeintiel said:

Handhelds are already dying, with or without Nintendo.  Smartphones and tablets are the new handhelds.

I guess that it's a good thing that the switch is a tablet based system then. :P

Yes.  But, does it support Android or iOS?  As well as the millions of games, paid or free, on those stores that casuals eat up?  Nope?  Then, it doesn't really matter the form it takes.  Just like the Wii U's tablet controller didn't appeal to casuals.  Doesn't help that you can get a damn good tablet, i.e. 10" 1080p+ screen, for ~$150-$199.  Sure it won't have quite the grunt as the Switch, but guess what?  Casuals don't care.  It'll still play whatever Play Store game you throw at it.

Around the Network

Actually every single console manufacturer should go 3rd party to PC and mobile. This is not unique to Nintendo.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Why stop there? Sony and Microsoft should also go 3rd party along with Nintendo and develop only PC, Mobile, and VR games cause why even have dedicated consoles these days am I right? *sarcasm*

Because they're able to build a user base, that's why.

My 8th gen collection

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
Actually every single console manufacturer should go 3rd party to PC and mobile. This is not unique to Nintendo.

Wouldn`t MS technically still be 1st party rather than 3rd if they were to release on PC though (assuming they don`t make Mac/Linux versions of their games)

They would kinda be 3rd party when releasing on Steam.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

thismeintiel said:
And yes, no one. Not even Nintendo fans want it. How do I know? Cause if you listen to what they say BEFORE Nintendo reveals the HW, they talk about lessening the focus on gimmicks and actually competing power-wise, wanting to believe the rumors of a powerful console. Of course, AFTER the reveal, they always think whatever it is is the best and will sell boat loads, regardless of power, 3rd party support, or price. "It's got ZELDA!!" They mainly want them to stay in the HW business out of pride, not because of what they deliver in their consoles.

Right, it's just a rationalization they have to make as long as they are following Nintendo.

thismeintiel said:
Now, if Nintendo went 3rd party and, say, released fucking beautiful looking games that took advantage of the PS4, they would get over it REAL quick and purchase those games. No doubt in my mind. Who doesn't want a Mario 64 remake/sequel, Zelda sequel that actually looks like the bogus E3 vid, or a fully 3D Pokemon game, with large fantasy worlds, but can also pull off 1080p 60fps, without freaking jaggies everywhere. 

Obviously, if Nintendo did that are they going to refuse to play Nintendo games anymore?
Are they going to refuse to buy CHEAPER console to play these games, even if uninterested in non-Nintendo games?
Are they going to refuse to buy controller attachments for smartphone if Nintendo goes that way with mobile games?
If they would so refuse, why don't they say so when discussing these scenarios?  
But they don't go that far, since that would imply opposing Nintendo, they just refuse to consider the scenario in first place.

Reality is, if Nintendo changes business model for financial reasons, the hard core fans will follow along as long as games deliver. 

Azzanation said:
Hynad said:

On what ground?

One is the market leader by far, and the other is doing much better than the Wii U.

There will always be a market leader. Nintendo has been the market leader on 3 occasions and has never lost the market lead in the portable market. Why should they fold when there considered the most successful in this buisness.

If you can't afford it than move on. Nothing wrong with having them around.

You didn't answer the question.

And you assume that because I'm asking you this, it means I agree that Nintendo should go third party. I don't.