By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch costs 330 euros in Europe !!!

Lusche said:
Wyrdness said:

It's £280 in UK from when I preordered 15 minutes ago so I don't get what's going on in the mainland then again the Euro is quite weak now.

well 350€ is £305 ... 

The EU must be adding some added tax or something, $300 (the price from Nintendo) is £250, the added £30 in the £280 is most likely VAT and such so why EU comes in at £55 more is anyones guess either retailors have set that price themselves, the Euro is low or the is some kind of added charge/tax the main land is paying.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
outlawauron said:
Honestly, that's not bad. Blame your VAT that makes all of your goods more expensive.

Its not supposed to make them that expensive, it always work like this : 1$= 1€  for Electronic devices.

But in this case they dont even allow US to buy it at 300€ ( which would still be higher than thé dollar pricd but normal like any other console )

I guess the problem is the weak Euro at the moment.
If you're doing a 1:1 right now, you'll get much less than only 3 years ago. (1€ = $1,06 vs. 1€ = ~$1,30)

well its 279.99 in UK so is that bad or good?

Nogamez said:

Pretty standard, N64 was that price over here as was the PSP premium pack, it's an ok price, not brilliant but not bad either.

To put things in perspective $300 is £250 but we have VAT added to our prices.

Wyrdness said:
Nogamez said:

Pretty standard, N64 was that price over here as was the PSP premium pack, it's an ok price, not brilliant but not bad either.

To put things in perspective $300 is £250 but we have VAT added to our prices.

yeah i know, seems odd thought that they saying its 350 euros in Europe because surely it will depend on Exchange rate! how could it be 350 euros in say Poland but still 350 euros in Germany or france

Around the Network

Is listed at 329€ in Amazon Spain, so less than WiiU at release

Link

BTW on the link of the OP also says 329 so I dont understand why the title thread says 350

ktay95 said:
Inevitable 3DS like price drop incoming, it wont sell at that price -_-

I think thé same, Switch really looks like 3DS launch, with even less exclusive  games and à price drop incoming ar Christmas for sure.

So thats good anyway beczuse i dont plan to buy thé console at launch until it gets good exclusives 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Oh well amazon reduced thé price of 20 euros, but still crazy expensive

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Costs 5990 in norway, same as a samsung galaxy s7. Assuming it's a placeholder, that's like 700 dollars. :P

I don't get it, you earn like 3000+ euros a month in western europe, what seems to be the problem? Try eastern europe, many people earn ten times less here, Switch is their monthly pay, they can't afford to buy a game let alone a console, and you wonder why they pirate so much.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.