By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch costs 330 euros in Europe !!!

I do not see what is the problem. I believe they've made their marketing analyses, and probably the system will have a lot of earlier adopters willing to pay that price tag. They need to make some money while they still can. And I guess that thing is expensive to build.

Around the Network
j.thomaz said:

I do not see what is the problem. I believe they've made their marketing analyses, and probably the system will have a lot of earlier adopters willing to pay that price tag. They need to make some money while they still can. And I guess that thing is expensive to build.

I really hope that isnt the case.

Best case : nintendo is greedy and just takeing it out of the hides of early adopters, and are able to drop price fast (if sales slow).

worst case : its a wii u all over again, the 80$ spent on the tablet controller design in BoM. System stays overpriced and doesnt sell.

Lusche said:

amazon.de lists it as sold out ... well the 349€ didn't matter too much i guess ...

It will sell out regardless because it's Nintendo and they undership to create the sellout effect. The Wii U sold like crazy at launch aswell. The deciding factor is what comes after.

JRPGfan said:
j.thomaz said:

I really hope that isnt the case.

Best case : nintendo is greedy and just takeing it out of the hides of early adopters, and are able to drop price fast (if sales slow).

worst case : its a wii u all over again, the 80$ spent on the tablet controller design in BoM. System stays overpriced and doesnt sell.

With fans is always a matter of love. And they have many fans to sustain big sales numbers initially. It is not going to work the same way with rational buyers though. While it's true that it is a handheld and not a home console, people are paying a lot of money on iPhones, iPads, this 350 price tag is not even close to the iPad's.

For me if it had a Sega logo instead of Nintendo I would buy it, as it doesn't it is going to be rational with me.

330/350 € for a handheld that connects to the TV... what can possibly go wrong?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Hmm, £280 is more than I expected. But if that's the price they are aiming for due to their needs, then fair enough. Not like I'll get it.

Hmm, pie.

It's £280 in UK from when I preordered 15 minutes ago so I don't get what's going on in the mainland then again the Euro is quite weak now.

Aerys said:

https://www.amazon.fr/Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01M6ZGICT/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1484290705&sr=1-1&keywords=Nintendo+Switch

Feels like Nintendo became the Apple of gaming industry

But people buy Apple products :^)

ill show myself out

hahahahaha

now I might actually buy it just to say 10 years from now that I own Nintendo's last console

that's just beyond ridiculous xD

Wyrdness said:

It's £280 in UK from when I preordered 15 minutes ago so I don't get what's going on in the mainland then again the Euro is quite weak now.

well 350€ is £305 ...