By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Extra Dock $89.99!!!!! Switch Pro controller $69.99, Joycon set $79.99. Updated 2x!

Qwark said:
So if you want two controllers this thing is more expensive than a PS4 or Xone S. Hell for me it comes close to the price of the PS4 pro, since I always want a pro controller for a Nintendo console.

Actually the 2 joycons included work like 2 gamepads too, I agree the Pro controller is about 10$ more expensive than it should though, but I imagine there will be other cheaper options in the market.

Around the Network

Ouch. Those are pricey.
Probably just get a pro controler, and that be it.

Why do these prices affect gamers? These are options, you get all this with the machine. If they weren't included then ill be furious however everything comes bundled with the console so it does not bother me.

Anyone who thinks those prices are too high probably never brought at second PS4 or Xbox 360 controller. Both which are less tech-savy than these options. I can't wait to try these controllers out because they look like premium offerings in comparison to the cheaper feel of the Wii and Wii U controllers. Let's wait until we try them before we decide.

The only super surprising one is the dock for me. I mean...what? Why? What's IN the thing to justify that.

Joycons, fine, I get that. They seem to have some tech to them. Pro is a bit surprising without knowing what is in it. But the dock? What is in the dock to make it cost that much? I would expect it to be like $50 tops.

Around the Network
Airaku said:
Anyone who thinks those prices are too high probably never brought at second PS4 or Xbox 360 controller. Both which are less tech-savy than these options. I can't wait to try these controllers out because they look like premium offerings in comparison to the cheaper feel of the Wii and Wii U controllers. Let's wait until we try them before we decide.

That's because a PS4 slim with one controller costs  €300 and a bundle with 2 controllers cost  €330-. In the Netherlands at least. A PS4 controllers costs  €48 bugs if you care to use Google shopping. So it's still quite expensive. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I'll probably get the Pro and that's it, the rest of them... No, i wish the Switch owners could bring their controllers to my home xD

Oh yeah, the console alone is 100 bucks without those accessories, imagine that.

I love that design for the pro controller, although it's a bit too much.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

QUAKECore89 said:
I'll probably get the Pro and that's it, the rest of them... No, i wish the Switch owners could bring their controllers to my home xD

Oh yeah, the console alone is 100 bucks without those accessories, imagine that.

They should make a switch bundle with just the tablet, joycons, and usb charger. $199 ^.^ Call it SwitchBoy

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Airaku said:
Anyone who thinks those prices are too high probably never brought at second PS4 or Xbox 360 controller.
 Both which are less tech-savy than these options.

Are you kidding?  They will have higher quality controls, triggers, etc.
PS4 has motion control gyro AND touchpad which Switch does not.
If Nintendo controller was somehow superior, why wouldn't they advertise how so?