By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sooo.... Will you Buy Switch Day 1?

Day 1 Purchase?

Yes day 1 236 32.11%

No but a month later 25 3.40%

No but 3+ months later 225 30.61%

I will never buy a Switch 249 33.88%

Total:735

Nah, it's just not for me. Gaming is a personal chill out activity for me, hence why I don't play online much, and why if you told me I could play all my games when I'm on the move now I'd just respond "...I'll just wait 'til I get home thanks".
I dunno. I'm sure the Nintendo fans will love it, but as somebody who didn't grow up with the Nintendo brand, the Switch isn't really that exciting to me.

Around the Network

I would like to, but it will be sold out. I plan on getting one asap though.

Zelda alone is worth it. We are getting a new Bomberman that looks pretty cool too. Plus everything else.... Man there is not enough time in life to enjoy everything you want to.

1doesnotsimply

I plan on it, yeah.

The system is a guaranteed buy anyway, but having Zelda at launch seals the deal. I might as well play the best possible version of the game, if the system is a guaranteed purchase anyway.

The launch line-up isn't the best...but it's not like I'm committing to only playing one console. My PS4 and 3DS backlog won't go away just because I bought a new system. This was the case for the 3DS and Wii U as well...and I have no regrets buying either of those at launch.

Hopefully there will be a Zelda bundle...but we'll see.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Before the event, my answer would have been no. Now? Hell no. I'll probably get one eventually, but not any time soon, it seems.

No, I never planned to buy it at launch.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Already did.

So I could cover it for you. You're welcome.

Yes and without Zelda :^)

Not immediately until all of Nintendo's cards are on the table.

Won't know until the next few days have passed. Probably not, but that's not a dig at the Switch. I didn't bother with the PS4 until late 2014/early 2015, still don't have an Xbone, and didn't get a Wii U until September 2015. I normally don't buy a system unless there's several games I want near at hand. So I am still waiting to see how good the first year of the Switch is actually going to be.

At the very least I will probably wait a little bit for the rush that follows even modest launches to die down.  I have no desire to hunt around or wait in line.

No because i can't that kind of money by launch. This year yes maybe.