By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintend's new online service. - From Nintendo's Website.

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

They sould have had three different events for each region, then they could have covered this in the event to prevent the outrage. The service will be very much like PSN+ and Xbox Live. You get a free games, exclusive deals and discounts on retail games, a dedicated smart phone app and voice chat.

Around the Network

Nintendo's site keeps crashing for me. I'm hoping I can rebound from the pathetic presentation and read about games and benefits people actually want to see.

They should of went over the OS and Online service during the event instead of showing some of those boring games they did. I wanted to know if they'll have an achievement system like Xbox, PS, and Steam.

Free games I can emulate since the early 2000s? XD

Well perhaps the price will be much lower than PS+ and Live.

Online lobby and voice chat

Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.

Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

Exclusive deals

Special offers for subscribers may include discounts on select digital games and content.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

That service better be extremely cheap. Its nothing like MSony.

1 game NES /SNES game you can play for 1 month, voice chat and some discounts on other stuff? wtf Nintendo. Talk about totally screwing over everything.

I think I'm beginning to hate Kimishima.

NobleTeam360 said:

They should of went over the OS and Online service during the event instead of showing some of those boring games they did. I wanted to know if they'll have an achievement system like Xbox, PS, and Steam.

The way they tried to handle this as one event for all regions killed the event. They had to take out things that sould have been covered like what you actually get for paying for online, and be able to concentrate on titles that would benefit each region.

* Nintendo Account required to access online services.

The paid online service will be available in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico only at launch.

After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

This service is only for Nintendo Switch. It does not affect Wii U or Nintendo 3DS systems or online play.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Online better be a dollar for a whole year.

"Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month."

I am sorry but what the fak

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850