Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo switch event was a trainwreck

What where your thoughts on the event?

Agreed, it was just awful 151 45.62%

It was ok, not great but ok 116 35.05%

How can you not be hyped?... 64 19.34%

Total:331
bunchanumbers said:
Soundwave said:

Only Nintendo would think that this is entertaining. Or a video game.

To be honest 1,2 Switch makes Wii Sports look like Skyrim, lol. I don't think it technically even is a "video" game since you don't use the screen. 

I like how they dressed the fat American as a dirty hillbilly. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
bunchanumbers said:

Only Nintendo would think that this is entertaining. Or a video game.

To be honest 1,2 Switch makes Wii Sports look like Skyrim, lol. I don't think it technically even is a "video" game since you don't use the screen. 

I've always taken Nintendo Land, this 1,2 switch, wii sports and so on as more tech demoes that are Nintendo's way of showing 3rd parties what  you can do with the system.

Sadly the 3rd parties don't try any of it for a game. They just rehash their next sequal/series and tack on something  which is more like a "gimick" than anything to say "hey look, we used teh wiimotes, or tablet. now buy our game"

Safiir said:
vivster said:

It's 50 fucking bucks for a console that will last for years! that's the price of a single game. There are people out there paying 50 bucks every year just to play online or play a shitty game. But for the core product it's suddenly too much?

Why not make it 400$ then? I'm building at PC that will cost me more than 2000$ when it's done so why shouldn't the switch cost 400$? That's the launch price of the ps4 after all. Or why not make it 500$? As much as the xboxone at launch. People bought those console. Surely they'll have no problems buying the switch at those prices as well.

You see what I'm getting at?

Because it's not a home console, and it's weaker than both consoles, and more expensive...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Nintendo continues to give the middle finger to Wii U owners with the Mario Kart 8 port and the fake sequel of Splatoon. It is truly pathetic that they didn't have a new Mario Kart ready by now, and instead they are expecting Wii U owners to buy the game again for something that should have been included in the game at day one. Super Mario Odyssey looks great, but everything else is meh. And the price, paid online and pricey controllers are a joke.

PS4 and XBO didn't have much at all at launch either. Nor did PS2 unless you liked Fantavision.

Around the Network

For the first time since Gamecube I've been excited for a Nintendo product and this set me back to 'meh maybe someday I'll get it'

irstupid said:
Cobretti2 said:
Id be happy if the only launch game was zelda.

But lets be honest it is far more concerning that we don't know what is coming out in the first 12 months apart from a few games.

What are you talking about we don't know what is coming out in the first 12 months.

Every single game that was shown yesterday and today is coming out seemingly in 2017 according to their website/tweets/ect. Even games like Xenoblade 2.

I did write APART FROM A FEW GAMES.

Some a great sure but its only like 2-3 other great looking games.

Nothing from 3rd parties at all except a couple token sports games is very alarming. 

The only problem I have with Switch is the price point. Here in Sweden it's rumored to be 3500-4000 kr. It's too much.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

mountaindewslave said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Presentation felt pretty outdated as well. Say what you want about Iwata but at least he made things interesting. Very lackluster overall. I went from hyped to meh at this point. Price point for the hardware assumedly being provided is too high. Motion controls should not have been given that much highlight. I mean what is this, 2006.

I disagree. I think the presentation was pretty damn clean and interesting. BUT I do agree with the "omg we have some motion control option games" felt forced and dated in terms of a 'been there, done that' sort of thing.

The presentation was more fun to watch than it was valuable in terms of game/system information. They still didn't reveal a lot about the system in terms of performance, and were either deliberately vague about launch titles (or there just are like none)

To be honest, it lacked soul. A dark room with unenthusiastic Japanese press. It would have been much more appealing as a Nintendo Direct. We also needed alot more Reggie and Miyamoto. They at least dispayed better enthusiasm whereas Kimishima just seemed like a bored CEO imo.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Knitemare said:
vivster said:

It's 50 fucking bucks for a console that will last for years! that's the price of a single game. There are people out there paying 50 bucks every year just to play online or play a shitty game. But for the core product it's suddenly too much?

That was my exact tought when i bought the WiiU and guess what?... It didnt. Instead, the high price that I paid for the PS3, was totally worth it. Dont even get me started with the PS2 long lasting value...

The Wii U held up for at least 3 years. If you think 50 bucks spread over 3 years is too much you should not be buying consoles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.