By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Presentation - Rating and your impressions?

Rating?

10 65 8.72%

9 46 6.17%

8 99 13.29%

7 100 13.42%

6 87 11.68%

5 97 13.02%

4 78 10.47%

3 71 9.53%

2 28 3.76%

1 74 9.93%

Total:745

The more I hear about it, the less interested I get.
Mario kart 8 HD, another xenoblade (I have not bought the first one on wiiu), more Mario, a port of an 8 years old pc game, paid online, confirmation this not a home console but a handheld.... This is not for me, but for die hard fans.

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:

So what did you guys think overall?

My rating: 6/10

My pros:

-XENOBLADE 2 FUCK YES!!!

-Splatoon 2

-The new Mario looks very fresh and nothing like 3D World.

-Pretty good list of RPGs.

-Badass Zelda trailer. LAUNCH!

My cons:

-Very boring show for the first 20 minutes.

-Meh battery.

-Pretty meh launch games. (Zelda being the OBVIOUS exception.)

-$300 (everyone was saying $250, not a bad price, but probably won't get it at launch)

-Mario isn't until Holiday.

Exactly what I was thinking including rating.

For my personal tastes:

A solid 8, lots I was happy with.

From a market/sales POV:

A 6.5 to 7. Price, lineup, and third party support have some problems.

Nuvendil said:
oniyide said:

you would lose your money. THe system comes out in less than two months, what is there to hold back?

Well they already held back some things that they have since revealed either through trailers or, most stupidly, the DESCRIPTIONS of videos on their YouTube channel.  Like they forgot to mention XC2 is a 2017 title at least in Japan.  Or that Fire Emblem Warriors is a 2017 title.  Or that Sonic Mania is getting a Switch release.  And I'm sure that's not the last of it.  Don't ask me *why* they did.  I think they are thinking that the Treehouse stuff will be a good place to announce things and that the media will spread the word.  Which could work, but it's not a wise choice imo to leave that much to chance.  I mean yeah, Switch is the only topic of interest at the moment in gaming but still.

I hear you, but im going to choose to believe they are NOT that stupid

oniyide said:
Nuvendil said:

Well they already held back some things that they have since revealed either through trailers or, most stupidly, the DESCRIPTIONS of videos on their YouTube channel.  Like they forgot to mention XC2 is a 2017 title at least in Japan.  Or that Fire Emblem Warriors is a 2017 title.  Or that Sonic Mania is getting a Switch release.  And I'm sure that's not the last of it.  Don't ask me *why* they did.  I think they are thinking that the Treehouse stuff will be a good place to announce things and that the media will spread the word.  Which could work, but it's not a wise choice imo to leave that much to chance.  I mean yeah, Switch is the only topic of interest at the moment in gaming but still.

I hear you, but im going to choose to believe they are NOT that stupid

I mean, we'll have to wait to see how stupid it is if it is true but it's certainly crazy if nothing else.  But crazy has worked in the past...

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

For my personal tastes:

A solid 8, lots I was happy with.

From a market/sales POV:

A 6.5 to 7. Price, lineup, and third party support have some problems.

That's a pretty accurate evaluation.  For one, the majority of the market won't watch all of this, they'll watch the trailers.  But yeah, the price could be a problem.  Emphasis on *could*.  It will depend on lineup, performance, marketing, etc.  Lineup is a tricky thing to guage.  On the one hand, they're launch lineup is limited in numbers.  But it has Zelda in it, a very big title (which has worked well in the past).  On the other, they are still revealing stuff about release dates.  And then there's the launch being in March and not Holiday, which does change the strategy.  As for first year lineup, that's even harder to judge cause they are still revealing dates.  So far, the 2017 lineup 1st party is 1, 2, Switch, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart Deluxe, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  Which is, to be fair, pretty dang good.  But we don't know when in the first year they launch and if any will be delayed.  3rd party is vague.  A few good keys were shown and Square seems dedicated.  The sizzle reel was good but still, not clear how much or how far the 3rd party support is/will go.

4/10, games look awesome though, already pre ordered

A 4, there were some good parts but the lows were extremely low. The first half of the show was disappointing, too much talking and the price is too high from what I was expecting and I'm not interested in the Joy-Cons. Battery life was questionable too, when will the battery life be 2.5 hours and when will it be 6 hours? I was also unsure on what exactly is supposed to be coming out at launch, I learnt more about that after the show rather than during the show. In general the presentation was just shoddy, they needed better production and more consistent translators.

The reason why it's not a total disaster is because at the very least the games they showed off looked pretty great, Mario Odyseey was certainly the highlight of the show. Overall it wasn't a good show but hopefully we can just forget about it once the Switch comes out.

j.thomaz said:

The more I hear about it, the less interested I get.
Mario kart 8 HD, another xenoblade (I have not bought the first one on wiiu), more Mario, a port of an 8 years old pc game, paid online, confirmation this not a home console but a handheld.... This is not for me, but for die hard fans.

First Xenoblade was on Wii, not Wii U, just saying, different worlds between 1 and X, 2 is prolly in the same world as 1. I'm definitely not getting Skyrim on Switch though, I'm mainly a PC gamer lol, shit is so old by now.

I think $300 is too high for most people but I will be buying it on launch day.

To get to my assessment of the show. I will give a brief breakdown of positive and negatives:

Negatives:

Paid online. Even though I am unsure if this is actually for multiplayer, paying for online is not great.

Price is probably too high for mainstream acceptance. I can see Sony and Microsoft doing a collective sigh of relief.

Price of games was not mentioned.

Did not tell us that pre orders were already available in America (just pre ordered)

Positives:

No region locking.

Games looked very good. Even 1-2 Switch looked like something to get people introduced to the Switch. Almost every game looked like a winner.

Game release dates are well spaced with Zelda now, Splatoon during the summer, Mario at Christmas and many games in between including 2K and Fifa!!!

Saw Street Fighter and well, YES!

Games announced like Xenoblade and Splatoon were NOT Wii U ports! Huge deal as I did not want this console to be what 3DS is as far as ports are concerned.

Shin Megami Tensi on TELEVISION!!!!!!!!

Skyrim confirmation is also outstanding since so many wanted to hate on it not being announced earlier.

The controller straps add-on with the raised Zl and ZR buttons are brilliant and free.

The launch date is AWESOME!!! March 3.

My girlfriend and I are overhyped at 2 am. Nintendo, why you do me so wong?

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000