By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Presentation - Rating and your impressions?

Rating?

10 65 8.72%

9 46 6.17%

8 99 13.29%

7 100 13.42%

6 87 11.68%

5 97 13.02%

4 78 10.47%

3 71 9.53%

2 28 3.76%

1 74 9.93%

Total:745

Just curious, but did anyone else get reminded of Wii Play when seeing One Two switch?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I'd give the whole presentation a 8, especially since this is one of the better presentations I've seen from Nintendo, with the strong points being the major titles and trailers, transitions, and a straight to the point presentation. Negatives would be the stuttering English translations during some of the presentation and large emphasis on the 1 2 Switch party game. Arms seems interesting. Also negative was the fact that some wasteful talking time or an extended presentation time could've been used to show trailers that were uploaded afterwards on Youtube.

I got so hyped for 3D Mario, Zelda and Xenoblade 2, especially Xenoblade 2. Those three games made the presentation good for me tbqh.

mountaindewslave said:
Volterra_90 said:

It's better to not make any assumptions on when the games will be released, because we don't really know a lot about them...

I mean Xenoblade 2 looked really choppy and early in development IMO. Fire Emblem Warriors didn't show ANY footage. I think its safe to be concerned about either coming in 2017.

when you start to think about it the only titles that seem likely for 2017 at this point besides Zelda/Mario appear to be essentially rereleases. Skyrim, Fifa, Splatoon 2.0, Mario Kart remaster, etc.

I find it worrying

It's worrying, for sure. But I prefer to wait until we have proper dates, just in case. The lack of launch dates was one of my main concerns about the presentation, but I'll wait and see what happens.

VGPolyglot said:
One thing that this presentation did was really make me wonder...Why did the Wii U have such big droughts for this? It doesn't seem like there's the influx of games that would have been expected.

it is baffling. based on the lack of Wii U releases in 2016, you would have thought that the Switch was going to have a killer launch batch of games and would be packed full of titles for 2017... but the Presentation did not give off that impression at all.

a big concern IMO is also that to fill the Switch quota, to make it seem like it has a lot of releases, Nintendo will spam us with re-releases from the Wii U. 

Around the Network

The coolest feature is the Parental Control App.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

mountaindewslave said:
JRPGfan said:

2.5hours for a normal game, and upto 6 hours if its some small 2D spirt based indie game.

SMT is just barely started production... so thats 2-3years away.

FE warriors, xenoblade 2 arnt first year titles either.

Zelda you can play on your Wii U.

This wasnt a 8 out of 10.

I'd say that was the biggest concern. The seemingly lack of announced titles. The system looks cool, looks intuitive, the presentation was fun and stylish. But where are the titles?

and newsflash Nintendo: showing like 2 game teases but only a fraction of a second of footage (i.e. Fire Emble sword being pulled out) is not the sort of thing that is going to hype up people in a GAME SYSTEM PRESENTATION. Like it makes it seem like A) there aren't a lot of titles coming out for the Switch, and B) that the titles that are coming in many cases are VERY early in development 

well the Fire Emblem title is a Musou and W-Force usually complete one of those within 1 year dev time, so that's probably not too far out

NintendoPie said:
pokoko said:
Anyone know which High School film club they got to handle video production?

Or which high school they hired the translator from.

I'm pretty sure he was just a volunteer from the audience.  Otherwise, I hope they didn't pay in cash.

I do have to question why Nintendo had so much focus on games that were not coming out in 2017, like No More Heroes and SMT. Yes, that's good to highlight 3rd party support, but the launch lineup is more important.

Was hoping for something more along the lines of E3 2006, when something like 30 games were announced. Obviously they have more in development, and we'll probably get more trailers for new games in the upcoming months (like the MK8 trailer they released in addition to the presentation).

The biggest disappointment is that the presentation was that underwhelming despite having so many great announcements and trailers. It was ultimately treated like 'just another E3' rather than a pre-release event.

Really, how was this only a 1 for so many people?

So much hate out there i guess.