By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Presentation - Rating and your impressions?

Rating?

10 65 8.72%

9 46 6.17%

8 99 13.29%

7 100 13.42%

6 87 11.68%

5 97 13.02%

4 78 10.47%

3 71 9.53%

2 28 3.76%

1 74 9.93%

Total:745

5 to 6.  Good looking games, but sadly not at launch.  I loved Mario & Zelda.

The 3rd party presence was really weak.  The Suda51 dude shouldn't have been put on stage.  The worst thing is it's too expensive.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

I give it a 7 its pretty much what I expected. The price is kinda high, that will hurt it a bit. Too much motion stuff, not enough time to really show it off if people still even care about it. THe battery life is what I expected for what it is. Mario looks great, as does Zelda. Never cared for Xenoblade. 3rd parties, oh the 3rd parties, ports and ports what i was expecting. I was expecting paid online too, dont know why people are shocked about that, but that whole app thing sounds horrid, Ninty being different just to be different again. I wouldnt get it at launch, holidays it wil be fine with Mario and hopefully Pokemon Stars

Gamexplain is already posting trailers for games that weren't at the conference or only had a few seconds of footage.

lasershow said:
Really, how was this only a 1 for so many people?

So much hate out there i guess.

I agree. A 3 for $300 just makes more sense.

JRPGfan said:
People giveing it a 7,8,9,10.... why? this wasnt a great presentation.

It was good.It had its low, such as tyhe shitty online pay and not answering all the questions,and the outrageous acessories prices, but most games they showed were excellent.Super Mario, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2(gotta wonder what will happen with XCX?) and so on.

But Im banking that they are holding alot back.I mean alot!They still need to adress many things, like VC for example.And I mean, it was shown what, 5 Nintendo games?They must surely have many more under development.It was a solid presentation overall.

As for launch games, hopefully tomorrow will ease that problem.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I really dont get why there is so much concern about the battery life, I was expecting 3-5 hours which was the most logical option, at the end it is 2.5h - 6.5h (Yes they said 6.5), that is completely understandable, the max is actually higher than I thought, i imagine it will last 2.5 hours only with extremelly demanding games while averaging 3.5 - 5h for most of them, and probably the most consuming games are the less suited to be played on the go.

7/10. It was a bit of a mixed bag. There were some cool things in the presentation, but there some others that weren't so great.

Nautilus said:
JRPGfan said:
People giveing it a 7,8,9,10.... why? this wasnt a great presentation.

It was good.It had its low, such as tyhe shitty online pay and not answering all the questions,and the outrageous acessories prices, but most games they showed were excellent.Super Mario, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2(gotta wonder what will happen with XCX?) and so on.

But Im banking that they are holding alot back.I mean alot!They still need to adress many things, like VC for example.And I mean, it was shown what, 5 Nintendo games?They must surely have many more under development.It was a solid presentation overall.

you would lose your money. THe system comes out in less than two months, what is there to hold back?

As said in other threads not spectacular but nowhere near bad either, concise and informative with a solid software line up overall.

oniyide said:
Nautilus said:

you would lose your money. THe system comes out in less than two months, what is there to hold back?

Well they already held back some things that they have since revealed either through trailers or, most stupidly, the DESCRIPTIONS of videos on their YouTube channel.  Like they forgot to mention XC2 is a 2017 title at least in Japan.  Or that Fire Emblem Warriors is a 2017 title.  Or that Sonic Mania is getting a Switch release.  And I'm sure that's not the last of it.  Don't ask me *why* they did.  I think they are thinking that the Treehouse stuff will be a good place to announce things and that the media will spread the word.  Which could work, but it's not a wise choice imo to leave that much to chance.  I mean yeah, Switch is the only topic of interest at the moment in gaming but still.