By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2016 NPD Thread! The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 sales up!

Gap wasn't that big then for the month. Surprising considering the deals for the ps4 in the second half of the month.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

So, PS4 lower than last year but better than best xbone month ever? How much would that be? I guess it's a lot anyway

So Xbox is up and PS4 is down but still won. Good to see that consoles are pretty healthy compared to the low numbers last year. Congrats to Sony dor their win.

Intrinsic said:
X1Gates said:
I believe xbox takes the win this month. The amount of deals, the number of bundles in the top 40 all shout xbox won.

only if we can tell what the difference between say 1st and 20th is on amazon. And even worse between 20th and 21st.

Even when Amazon has been wrong the PS4 and Xb one have been fairly close on the Amazon chart, and IIRC neither console has been in the top 5 when Amazon has been off. For December the top PS4 sku is #3 and the top Xb one sku is 19. If Amazon is wrong this month then Amazon's back will be truly broken as a relative sales predictor and for the last coupld of years its correlation to actual sales rank has been a lucky streak.

I would be surprised if Amazon is wrong for December. There are more Xb one skus in the top 100 so the cumulative sales of those skus on Amazon might beat out the PS4 at number 3, but that would also be unusual given the sales ranks of those skus.

Edit: damnit, I was typing this post at the time NPD results came out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Boutros said:

In all honesty I think that's just Venturebeat's wording that makes it seems worse than it is lol

I think that's what they interpreted:

“December was the biggest month ever for Xbox One sales in the U.S., and Xbox One was the only [current-generation] console with year-over-year growth, according to NPD,”

Regardless, the messaging is there no matter what form it takes.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

Gap wasn't that big then for the month. Surprising considering the deals for the ps4 in the second half of the month.

Is this the new narrative already? MS had the same deals

celador said:
barneystinson69 said:

Hardly. The XB1 was more expensive for at least a week and a half of the month. I expect a January win for the XB1

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

It's amazing that Sony's one bundle and the Pro was able to hold off the multiple Xbox One bundles. When MS priced the OG Xbox One down to $199, I wondered if it would give them the edge for a second.

Bandorr said:
barneystinson69 said:

Hardly. The XB1 was more expensive for at least a week and a half of the month. I expect a January win for the XB1

Based on?

Xbox One is $20 cheaper this month.

barneystinson69 said:
celador said:

you'll be wrong again buddy