By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2016 NPD Thread! The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 sales up!

"The Xbox company also pointed out that PS4 sales slid year-over-year, and that Xbox One actually outsold Sony’s system in the second half of 2016."

lol wow

Around the Network
Boutros said:
"The Xbox company also pointed out that PS4 sales slid year-over-year, and that Xbox One actually outsold Sony’s system in the second half of 2016."

lol wow

Yeah, that's MS for ya.

The PS5 Exists. 

Boutros said:

lol wow

You caught it before I could lol. At least they can brag about part of the year.

Bandorr said:
Neodegenerate said:
I can recall the days when the NPD thread would have 2 pages (at 100 posts per page) prior to the release.... sigh

Two things happened. 1) Playstation won. A lot. No really too much. Making the guessing boring.

2) Then last month we got no numbers. We just had "rumors".

At least that is my guess.

I think it's just that Sony is so far ahead at this point it doesn't really matter to people as much.

Winning isn't everything. It's the participation of making fun of others that counts here.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Boutros said:

lol wow

Yeah, that's MS for ya.

In all honesty I think that's just Venturebeat's wording that makes it seems worse than it is lol

I think that's what they interpreted:

“December was the biggest month ever for Xbox One sales in the U.S., and Xbox One was the only [current-generation] console with year-over-year growth, according to NPD,”

Looks like MS added a pinch of salt to their PR now. LOL.

So we're looking at this?

1. PS4<1.582m (down YoY)
2. XBO>1.376m (up YoY)

Microsofts PR team make me cringe.

Eh just read the PR statement, it's really not as bad as that article made it out to be. Shocking, I know 😊

YoY growth is good for X1 and congrats to Sony!