By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2016 NPD Thread! The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 sales up!

Original Xboxes could have sold almost 300k? I guess that $199 plus $30 gift card offer at Gamestop was putting in some impressive work. The gap between the two systems was pretty much as I expected (I saw a 50k gap, though I thought the XB1 would take the month, since it went harder on the deals, with both systems to sell around 1.3 million or so, so overall sales are very good). Considering the amount of deals both systems had, I expect their q1 sales to be pretty awful, probably lower than last year by a decent margin. I saw the Xbox on sale for $225 with a $30 gift card and the PS4 at $249 with a $50 gift card, not to mention that Target and Amazon sale days when they were going for about $212. 

It's impressive that the ps4 could sell that with only the Uncharted 4 bundle on sale. The Xbox did very well too, but it had every bundle on sale, including the originals. It would have been nice to see what Sony could have done with that IW bundle and a temporary price drop on the Pro, probably a decent bit over 1.6 or even 1.7 million. I wonder how many bundles that Gamestop only FFXV ps4 slim sold? It was expensive as hell, but it did seem to sell out, though it likely had very small supplies. 

Around the Network

Glad to see Pokemon, 3DS and the NES doing quite well!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

All the talk about FFXV "flopping" in Japan feels kinda dumb now, doesn't it?

Really happy for the franchise.

1.5 millions with 5 weeks for FF15 ,not 5 weeks and not black friday/christmas for ff13 (and not break price)

In my opinion, it's not excellent but it's correct.

Dead Rising 4 - 315k
The Last Guardian - 250k

---------

Surprisingly great for both I think.

Around the Network
nickohh said:
1.5 millions with 5 weeks for FF15 ,not 5 weeks and not black friday/christmas for ff13 (and not break price)

I thought FFXV launched after black Friday?  Maybe im wrong,  we don't celebrate black Friday so i might be mistaken. 

officialy NO but unofficial yes ^^

In my opinion, FF13 launch is more impressive because you are less than 5 week, and not christmas.

nickohh said:

1.5m is for retail only which means FFXV is probably closer to 2m with digital sales. That's like 600k above FFXIII all in all. Also FFXV came out after Black Friday (and Cyber Monday). FFXIII did great in the first place so I'd say for FFXV to beat it so handily is pretty excellent.

nickohh said:
officialy NO but unofficial yes ^^

In my opinion, FF13 launch is more impressive because you are less than 5 week, and not christmas.

FFXIII had 4 weeks in March 2010 NPD so the difference of days isn't substantial. And Christmas did help FFXV because it outsold FFXIII by like 600k copies. I don't know what else you could realistically expect.

Pretty bad for the last guardian... Gamers nowadays really don't  have a good taste.

Yes it has it flaws but im turn it gives you one of the most beautiful and amazing /emotional experiences ever in gaming.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil