By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2016 NPD Thread! The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 sales up!

Congratz to ff15 for breaking into the yearly guns or balls top 10.
The last guardian barely made it into the monthly top 10. It will need some good legs to get to SotC sales.

Around the Network

So wait, are the xb1 and ps4 numbers confirmed? Also, DR4 is probably severely undertracked (as I suspected when uk numbers where released), as it only shows it at 100k us in the first week. Will definently pick it up at some point.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

xl-klaudkil said:

Pretty bad for the last guardian... Gamers nowadays really don't  have a good taste.

Yes it has it flaws but im turn it gives you one of the most beautiful and amazing /emotional experiences ever in gaming.

I think half a million worldwide is a safe bet for first month, and It should chug along nicely past the 1 million mark before next holiday. NPD doesn't track digital for Sony, MS or Nintendo.

Cod and Battlefield the top selling titles of 2016. Delighted :))))

FFXV beasting on ps4. TLG appearing too. As a playstation fan I'm so happy with this NPD. Bravo Sony and Co!

Shadow1980 said:
zorg1000 said:

Do you happen to have the yearly totals for 3DS calculated? It would be really cool if you did

Rounded to the nearest 10k:

2011: 4.11M
2012: 3.54M
2013: 3.84M
2014: 2.57M
2015: 2.42M
2016: 2.41M

Thank you, so by the looks of it 3DS is right around lifetime sales of PSP at just under 20 million?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
zorg1000 said:

Do you happen to have the yearly totals for 3DS calculated? It would be really cool if you did

Rounded to the nearest 10k:

2011: 4.11M
2012: 3.54M
2013: 3.84M
2014: 2.57M
2015: 2.42M
2016: 2.41M

Portable market in the US has really fallen apart. 

Ever since Pokemon in '98, Game Boy Color (which often gets overlooked) had sky high sales, so did GBA, people think it's just DS where things spiked, it was well before that, DS just took it to another level. 

xl-klaudkil said:

Pretty bad for the last guardian... Gamers nowadays really don't  have a good taste.

Yes it has it flaws but im turn it gives you one of the most beautiful and amazing /emotional experiences ever in gaming.

Or they are just not into games like TLG.

So FFXV is at ~1.8-1.9M with digital sales included.

Up in retail from XIII + they get more $ per digitally sold game. SE must be pleased.

aLkaLiNE said:
xl-klaudkil said:

I think half a million worldwide is a safe bet for first month, and It should chug along nicely past the 1 million mark before next holiday. NPD doesn't track digital for Sony, MS or Nintendo.

It should be way past half a million now. >300k(with digital) in US, ~100k in Japan, EU sales should be even more than US seeing these types of games usually perform better there(currently ranks within top 30 around various Amazon EU shops). (it also outsold SotC and ICO in the UK at its debut)

+ Asia and Rest of world sales.

It should be closer to 1M than 500K.

Boutros said:

Dead Rising 4 - 315k
The Last Guardian - 250k

---------

Surprisingly great for both I think.

Apparently ICO did 127k after 10 months and SotC did 94k in its launch month? If so those TLG numbers are great compared to those games.

Good to see that Dead Rising 4 and The Last Guardian both sold pretty well. Dead rising 4 not charting on xbox one list is because the price was sliced almost half after one week and that list is based on revenue?

So The Last Guardian did in december with digital sales 250k+ US, 40k+ UK and 100k+ in Japan. I think thats pretty good.

FFXV split is still pretty big, but almost 400k on xbox one is a very good result.