By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump- Russian Intel Controversy

The guy isn't even in office, and already he has a worst track record of public mistakes, lies and humiliations than all the other presidents in the history of the US. Let's hope he comes at the inauguration without a coat. If you know what I mean.

Around the Network
Talal said:
If this actually is a 4chan troll, then no one will ever take US intelligence seriously ever again lol.

No this is not a 4chan troll.  Maybe this particular part is but not the information given to Trump.  No one knows what the FBI and CIA gave to Trump and President Obama.  You have to separate the different information that is being tossed around and not get confused.  If anything there is a list of things going on with that report the CIA and FBI will be investigating to see if its true.

I'm not expecting Trump to be president for long. But the fact that Pence would be president is an even scarier prospect.

Machiavellian said:
Talal said:
If this actually is a 4chan troll, then no one will ever take US intelligence seriously ever again lol.

No this is not a 4chan troll.  Maybe this particular part is but not the information given to Trump.  No one knows what the FBI and CIA gave to Trump and President Obama.  You have to separate the different information that is being tossed around and not get confused.  If anything there is a list of things going on with that report the CIA and FBI will be investigating to see if its true.

Yeah, I just read more about this. The 4chan thing looks like damage control from Trump supporters. Still, the fact that intelligence briefings keep getting "leaked" is pretty embarrassing for US intelligence agencies.

wouldn't surprise me, Trump has a fetish for golden stuff

Around the Network

I can't believe you actually used buzzfeed as a legitimate news source.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Soundwave said:
MTZehvor said:

The issue is that there is no one else verifying that what Buzzfeed is reporting is actually the personal information mentioned on websites such as CNN and MSNBC, and that is what makes me skeptical. I have a difficult time believing that numerous mainstrea media outlets would not only be privvy to information from intelligence briefings, but that if they did, only one of them would choose to publish it.

On top of that, it's, well, Buzzfeed, which has a reputation for being about as trustworthy as the National Enquirer when it comes to reporting accuracy.

The FBI is saying the British M1-6 agent who leaked the stories in the report that Buzzfeed chose to run is "credible". Buzzfeed didn't make the report, they simply published it, the report I believe comes from the M1-6 agent.

I'm clearly not explaining this well, so let me try again.

The FBI (or, more accurately, a number of intelligence chiefs) have announced they have a report involving Trump's ties to Russia. Multiple news outlets, including CNN and CBS, have said that the contents of this report are highly classified, and, as a result, news networks are not privvy to their contents. Meanwhile, Buzzfeed is claiming that not only do they have the same access to information as major news networks, but also have received the completely classified intelligence briefing as well as leaks that every other site lacks access to.

I'm not doubting the agent's credibility; what I doubt is that Buzzfeed actually has access to the information from this classified report at all. My suspicion is that they've been in contact with a less than reputable source who claims to have talked with this agent and supposedly got the leaks from him.

To illustrate this another way, imagine that Nintendo investors were just briefed by Shigeru Miyamoto on what the launch lineup of games for the Switch will be. A bunch of reputable gaming websites such as IGN, Gamestop, Game Informer, etc are aware that this briefing happened, but were not told which games will be launching. Meanwhile, Yahoo Esports publishes an article claiming that they've talked to a source who has talked to Miyamoto, and this source claims that Miyamoto told him everything that will be launching.

That's basically the scenario here. I think we'd all be a bit skeptical of that Yahoo report, and it's the same for Buzzfeed. It's not that I doubt that Miyamoto/this British agent are telling the truth, it's that I seriously doubt they would leak it to some random Buzzfeed contact.

I think it's also worth posting this here now. As I understand it, NBC News now claims that, not only was Buzzfeed's article incorrect, but CNN's (and several other website's) report that Trump met with intelligence officials about his connections to Russia was wrong. The meeting occurred, but did not involve Russian connections as there was not enough evidence to substantiate that.

Intel and law enforcement officials agree that none of the investigations have found any conclusive or direct link between Trump and the Russian government period," the senior official said.

This is truly getting ridiculous.

Thats the whole point of the Russian hack that i think is most alarming. The point is that Russia hacked everyone. They did their best to target the Dems but that doesn't mean they don't have dirt on the GOP. Its one horrific mess. The US is now the biggest Russian territory the own and they did it without firing a single shot.

No matter how you feel about the situation, you have to admire just now fast Russia got the US to cave.