By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Scalebound be rescued?

Didn't a similar thing happen with phantom dust and now I've seen a few places say that's coming out this year?

Could the same thing happen with scalebound in a year or two?

Edit: nvm. Google is telling me that phantom dust was never "canceled" just wasn't in active development for a bit. 

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I dont like platinum Games type of games but i dont want them to go belly up because of this , hope someone picks this up if possible.

I highly doubt Platinum Games lost much from this game being cancelled.

hollabackenny said:

Didn't a similar thing happen with phantom dust and now I've seen a few places say that's coming out this year?

Could the same thing happen with scalebound in a year or two?

Edit: nvm. Google is telling me that phantom dust was never "canceled" just wasn't in active development for a bit. 

Phantom Dust afaik was first planed to be an online reboot of the 2004 game, but then MS changed plans and yanked the project away from the studio they hired to do that and gave it to a different studio to make a remaster instead.

For Scalebound there is no completed vision, so if MS hires a new studio for it (extremely unlikely) then most of the code base will be scrapped and the result will likely be an entirely different game with the same title.

9th gen will be back, but won't be the same you saw gameplay & even Platinum Games work again, it's complete waste of 4 years development. It's painful as hell.

I hope Kamiya gets well and find a decent publisher for the sake of his dream

Microsoft cannot affort to lose more new IP, because they cannot make their own. that would be considered hot by any stretch of the imagination. This first and foremost is why its imperative. Unless they found another third party to make games for them this year is going to suck.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Microsoft cannot affort to lose more new IP, because they cannot make their own. that would be considered hot by any stretch of the imagination. This first and foremost is why its imperative. Unless they found another third party to make games for them this year is going to suck.

Quote - Microsoft *one of the richest companies in the world* cannot afford to lose more new IP..

Sorry that sentence cracked me up.

Quote - Because they cannot create there own.

Hmm Sea of Thieves seems to be a MS created IP. Thats just one out of many games coming out this year. 

100% accurate representation of what's going to happen!

Azzanation said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Quote - Because they cannot create there own.

Hmm Sea of Thieves seems to be a MS created IP. Thats just one out of many games coming out this year. 

You missed the sentence after "that would be considered hot". I have a bad feeling about Sea of Thieves. Quantum Break sold terribly too... I'm not sure Microsoft have created a New IP that sold over 1.5m this generation.

In fact, have Microsoft's Own Studios even made a New IP? Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Quantum Break... they're not made by Microsoft's Studios.

And I think that's exactly S.T.A.G.E's point.

Someone should keep Kamiya and his team afloat, a huge chunk of PG is now without work which is worrying.

I'd rather have the protags of the original pitch for Scalebound: a little girl with his dinosaur/dragon.

No, it's fucked, just let it go. It's not the first game that gets cancelled. It happens. It's nothing special.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.