By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch 10 Day Countdown: Day 8 Wii Favorite Games!/Memories/etc?

Is it just me or is time slowing down?

Around the Network

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Resident Evil 4 Wii

Excite Truck

Virtua Tennis 2009

Super Mario Galaxy

NBA Jam

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Valdath said:

It definitely is. Minutes stretches so looong as I drown in excitement and haste.

@OP Mario Kart Wii was the first game I played, and probably the most frantic game of the serie. But the real revelation was Galaxy... It felt so different and new while retaining the essence of Mario, it felt like I was rediscovering the Mario franchise.

Where to start…

This was Nintendo back to make magic not games…

First 30 minutes of Galaxy as magical as SMB3.
Zelda SS as new and fresh as TLOZ itself.
Best RE4 version ever, Xeno, PT, TLStory.
Super Paper Mario which I loved, a sequel to Galaxy…

CO-op Mario…

Motion control and sports games…..

Wii Fit and Animal Crossing…

Switch!!!

My introduction to the Wii was a pretty sweet one. My friends left the night before to get in line to get one, and the next day, I head down stairs to see the bright sunlight shine in on the Wii sitting in the living room with Zelda TP running. It was quite a sight... And then later, everyone in the dorm were playing Wii Sports together. Those were good times.

It was also on the Wii that I was introduced to the Traume Center games, which were surprisingly good. I had some fun with WarioWare, Smash Bros, and some other games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Wii was a really important console in my life. Losing only to the SNES and the Game Boy Color in my childhood. My top 5 games on it are:
1. Donkey Kong Country Returns
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (second best Zelda for me)
3. Mario Kart Wii
4. The House of the Dead Overkill (I miss that game)
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

But I think the most memorable moment to me is the first time I played Wii Sports in a friend's house. It was so unique. I was away from games for like 3-4 years (abandoned my PS2 like a year before the PS3 launch) and that moment alone convinced me back. And play a new Donkey Kong Country was also a game changer. After that, I bought a Wii, a DS, a 3DS, a PSVita, a PS3 and a XOne.

I say Super Mario Galaxy. Made me feel like I was playing Mario 64 for the first time again

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Not my favourite Nintendo console. I bought mine late into its life and even then I was mainly playing my Gamecube games on it but here goes;

1. Mario Galaxy 2
  2. Mario Galaxy
  3. Xenoblade
  4. Mario Kart
  5. Call of Duty Black Ops
  6. Zelda Skyward Sword
  7. Goldeneye 007
  8. New Super Mario Bros
  9. Rayman Origins
  10. Sega all star racing

Also for those getting too excited about Switch here's a nice chill out video.

Xenoblade Chronicles is the best Wii game.I would say that galaxy could contest that position, but for me is XC.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Valdath said:

You are not alone, my friend

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1